Marketing & Event Coordinator InternBookmark This
17044 Kenton Drive
Posted: June 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe position is responsible for assisting the Sales and Marketing Manager with the restaurant and catering company’s overall marketing and event coordinating efforts. Brands include The Galway Hooker Irish Pub, Lake Norman Comedy Zone, BOUK Catering and Waterford Hall Banquet Facility.
We will build this internship around experience you are hoping to gain.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. BOUK Management reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the company or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
ResponsibilitiesAREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY : LEARNING AREAS
• Learn the ins-and-outs of entertainment management by assisting in the booking, lead generation and operation of the Lake Norman Comedy Zone
• Work with management team to learn logistics and marketing for annual festivals
• Work with the Marketing manager to devise, plan and execute targeted local marketing programs that generate Guest traffic
• Maximize restaurant’s online presence, including training in social media campaigns and website management
• Acquire skills in effective Database management, email marketing, and grassroots campaigning
• May work catering events for income, if desired
• Experience within, or a desire to learn, the entertainment and hospitality profession
• Hands-on, innovative, results oriented leader and a strong decision maker with ability to prioritize objectives and meet aggressive timelines
• Self-motivated, proactive, capable of working independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate resourcefulness
• Knowledge and ability to independently use basic software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail clients and presentation software.
• Working Knowledge of social media platforms