Special Events InternSnow Mountain Ranch - YMCA of the Rockies
Graphic Design Intern - Niagara Vacation RentalsNiagara on the Lake Cottage Rental
Writer, Journalist / Public Relations and Social Media Intern - - Rekrut Book Publishing HouseNiagara on the Lake Cottage Rental
Front Desk and F&B DepartmentChef Training U.S.
Hospitality Experience Wanted for Entry-Level Marketing and Sales PositionsEmpire Consulting Group
Hospitality Intern/Event Planning InternPozent Corporation
MiamI Beach Hotel InternshipThe Alexander Hotel
Oceanfront Resort InternshipThe Alexander Hotel
Marketing & Research Intern for a Disruptive Travel StartupBookmark This
373 Park Ave South
New York, NY
Posted: June 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout the Company
Hotelr is a soon-to-be launched app that will disrupt the travel experience. Our goal is to make affordable travel possible in a new and innovative way. Based in NYC’s Flatiron district, we’re looking for a rockstar summer Marketing Research intern who can help shape Hotelr into one of the most successful new apps in the travel industry.
We’re looking for someone who is hyper organized and doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty to think through problems. Ideally this person also has an interest in the tech, travel, and hospitality industries. This person will work directly with Hotelr’s co-founders to provide marketing research on the travel industry, tech trends, global events, best-in-class app practices, etc. This person should be able to commit up to 40 hours a week during the summer, and this internship has the ability to be extended into the school year.
- Mentorship - we’ll meet 1 on 1 regularly to help you accomplish your own goals
- Learn - we teach you, you teach us
- Growth - we don’t just want interns, we want future leaders in the company
- Flexible Schedule - unlimited vacation, work remotely
- Recommendations - we want to see you succeed and would be happy to write you a glowing recommendation wherever you want to go next
- Work directly with Hotelr’s co-founders to create points of views around the launch strategy
- Research major events/festivals/conferences around the world that target our customer demographic and provide a recommendations on which ones Hotelr should partner with
- Identify current trends in tech, travel, and hotel industries
- Identify social media influencers
- Help with other research and marketing initiatives as needed
RequirementsMust be based in New York City to be considered.
- Effective organizational and research skills
- Detail oriented
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and summarize data
- Social Media proficiency
- Resourceful, energetic, and hardworking
- Proficiency with Google Drive and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
- Interested in start-up cultures