Hotel Receptionist and Reservations Internkkrrhh
Hospitality Experience Wanted for Entry-Level Marketing and Sales PositionsEmpire Consulting Group
SoCal Italian Rest. & Gelato Shop Seeks Culinary School Students & Grads As InternsBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Jobs for studentschini enterprise
Balloon Operations Coordinator & Hospitality/Hotel FacilitatorThe Festival of Ballooning, Inc.
Jobs for studentschini enterprise
DPointGroup is searching for interns in Hospitality DepartmentDpoint Group
Meetings & Events InternBookmark This
American Society for Surgery of the Hand
822 W Washington Blvd
Posted: January 26 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) seeks a detail oriented and motivated individual interested in learning all phases of the planning and implementation of our annual meeting and courses, exhibition, registration, and sponsorships. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and hone your event planning and organization building skills while gaining valuable, high-profile experience in the academic and nonprofit arenas. The position can be tailored to fit the individual's strengths and interests.
We are a small organization with a dedicated group of organizers, staff, and volunteers, leaving lots of room for your creativity. You will have the opportunity to work in an interesting (and very relaxed!) office located in the West Loop of Chicago. Our members are the best in the field of hand and upper extremity surgery.
The position reports to the Vice President of Professional Development. The ideal candidate has experience working in an office setting or is looking to increase his/her experience in meeting & event planning in a non-profit management. This internship is unpaid, although academic credit is available. Hours are flexible—we ask for a minimum block of 4 hours per work day—and can be adapted to fit your schedule. People with diverse backgrounds and experience are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and an academic resume with contact information via email to email@example.com with “ASSH Meetings & Events Intern” written in the subject line.
The internship dates are open and may vary due to school schedules. All students receiving an offer will be notified via email and, upon acceptance, receive a letter confirming their participation in the program and the information they will need to get started.
ResponsibilitiesMeeting Management and Coordination – The ASSH Meetings team executes regional meetings and prepares for the Annual Meeting in September.
• Assist the Meetings Department staff with annual/regional meeting(s) preparation, execution, and assessment
• Assist with onsite event duties at local course (applies to Summer program only)
• Assist with Speaker management requirements and information gathering
• Assist in preparation and organization of materials for the Annual Meeting
• Assist with the assembly of registration packets. Print and collate itineraries, tickets/badges, etc.
• Process registrations, respond to queries, and help with other meeting preparation as needed
• Assist in the planning, management and operations of exhibitions and events
• Utilize the latest database and event planning technologies
• Create working spreadsheets and generate reports for all parameters of the exhibition process
• Work with corporate partners in determining logistics for their events during the annual meeting
• Assist in the development of the annual meeting app
• Assist in finalizing arrangements with various meeting vendors (decorator, audiovisual, hotel, supplies)
• Perform other duties as assigned or needed
Database Administration – The ASSH maintains a database of over 5,000 individual records.
• Assist in processing update requests both internal and external.
• Assist in regular audits of contact and account record content based on reports and system cross-reference.
Requirements• Working knowledge of Windows 10 programs
• High degree of professionalism
• Strong organizing skills
• High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion
• Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
• Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
• Good research and writing skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office 2010
• Ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly