Wedding Planning and Floral Design InternChevrons and Champagne
Training and Development InternshipAlicart Restaurant Group
Savanti Travel :: Internship at fast growing travel startup in SFSavanti Travel
Corporate Hospitality InternVineyard Nantucket Resorts
Event Coordinator Intern *Immediate*Free Range Office
Intern Admin Officers/EngineersMarriott
Paid Marketing InternHello Scout, Inc.
Front desk assistanceManhattan Broadway Hotel
Public Relations InternshipBookmark This
New York, NY
Posted: April 22 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGrowing NYC-based hospitality group is seeking a driven intern to join our team at our headquarter office located in Financial District for the summer 2015 semester. Ours is a young, successful company currently undergoing an exciting expansion phase over the next few years. Our current and future lines of business include: restaurants, cafes, bakeries, catering, special events, and entertainment. The intern will have the opportunity to experience all facets of hospitality business.
Company is actively involved in community planning and support at various levels: board membership in local merchant associations, chamber of commerce, entertainment/art-related and other non-profit organizations. Intern will help Public Relations Department with activities that include: research and presentation work on urban development trends, changes in demographics, public policy, local political, and artistic landscape, etc.
We are looking for someone with a fresh outlook, who enjoys everything to do with art, design and technology and has a great feel for social media. We need someone who can keep our audiences updated on what we are up to on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and our website. There will also be an opportunity to be involved in other tasks with our events, especially with marketing materials from design to production, which will vary each time and could be a lot of fun to be involved in. Please know the ins-and-outs of Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. A proficiency in Mac OS X. Knowledge of Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite, and html would be a plus.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will also participate in the following:
• Update and edit website (content)
• Work across all social media channels to build brand awareness
• Publish creative content via social media channels
• Utilize best social media practices
• Participating in collaborative creative brainstorming sessions
• Working on special projects and day-to-day tasks
RequirementsThe right candidate should meet the following requirements:
• Great analytical, communication and multi-tasking skills; strong interest in non-profit work focusing on community building and art promotion; and excellent inter-personal skills.
• Personal characteristics: a passion for the hospitality business, entrepreneurial spirit, great drive, excellent organizational and people skills, and all-around solid work ethics.
• Education: Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in related/analytical fields (Hospitality, Business Admin, Sales/Marketing, Public Relations, Finance, Operations, Economics, Engineering, etc.