AFLAC RecruiterBookmark This
303 W Erie
Posted: 726 days ago
DescriptionAFLAC is a Fortune 200 company and was honored by Fortune Magazine as one of the 100 "Best Companies to Work For" for 11 consecutive years. Recently, we were recognized in Training Magazine as having one of the top employee education programs in the country and were named by BusinessWeek magazine as one of the "Best Places to Launch a Career".
This invaluable internship will prepare you for a Human Resources career in any industry. It will provide real world experience, dramatically improving technical skills and confidence. Our unique internship offers an intense experiential, hands-on exposure to real HR and organizational development issues. Additionally, AFLAC's role as the #1 employee benefits provider in the world will expose the selected students to the myriad of challenges that face corporations, large and small, as they address the HR function of attracting and retaining quality employees.
Unpaid, though a incentive will be avaliable based upon performance.
ResponsibilitiesThe program is broken down into three distinct segments. Training will be provided.
1. Organizational development
- Understand effective and accountable process flows
- Understand fundamental of TPD (Talent Pool Development)
- Create and conduct surveys to assess organization status with the goal of discovering areas that need improvement with regard to employees and clients
- Formulate possible plans of action to rectify the problem areas.
2. Event planning & Coordination
- Coordinate functions from start to finish.
- Learn how to research locations
- Understand working with budgets.
- Maximize dollars through creative cost control.
3. Recruiting & Interviewing
- Internet recruiting - learn the in and out of internet sites such as Career Builder.com, monster.com, AIRS Oxygen and more as well as cost free resources.
- Career fairs recruiting
- Headhunting/ guerilla recruiting - finding quality candidates that aren't currently seeking new employment but that are open to opportunity
- Interviewing techniques