Application Support Analyst - Human Resources TechnologyBookmark This
J.P. Morgan Chase
DescriptionJPMorgan Chase Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. Human Resource Technology (HRT) is the central steward for the design, build, and asset management for the firm's Human Capital technology across all lines of business and global regions. JP Morgan is competitive across the financial services industry in our workforce strategy capabilities. In partnership with our HR business partners and service providers we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients - JP Morgan employees. HRT provides technology support for staffing and on-boarding, employee records, payroll, talent management, compensation, benefits, learning, employee and manager service, workforce planning and analytics, and back office can call center operations. The Application Support Analyst will report to an Application Operations Manager. This role will be a member of a global operations organization supporting approximately one hundred HR applications. This role will be responsible for providing Level 1 Level 2 production support with 24 X 7 X 365 coverage. The Application Support Analyst will respond to and work incident tickets, escalate issues, andmonitoring HRT applications. This position will be required to create and maintain production assurance documentation and assist in operational projects and strategic initiatives as directed. A successful support analyst will be able to respond quickly to issues, evaluate the pertinent information, and engage the appropriate technology staff to resolve production issues quickly and efficiently. You will be responsible for communications to individual users with issues and will be required to do formal operate communications for broader technology issues. In support of incident management, you will drive and work closely with other technology groups including project development, database administration, quality assurance, and various infrastructure teams within GTI. In this role, the candidate will work with our business partners as needed and internal HRT Plan and Build resources to identify and mitigate chronic issues. Level 2 support requires knowledge of the specific application code base, ability to understand code logic and determine if code enhancements are required based upon the issues being researched. All engineering and code development is done within the HRT Build Organization by Level 3 technical resources and is not a requirement for this position. This position will be required to support infrastructure initiatives such as MEPC, Corporate Programs, and patching. A successful Application Support Analyst will identify continuous improvement opportunities, raise these opportunities to leadership, and may be asked to participate or drive the implementation of solutions to improve the productivity and efficiency of the groups Run services. Strong ITIL knowledge is preferred specifically for Service Transition (change release management), Service Operation (incident problem management), and Continual Service Improvement. Responsibilities include:
- Provide Level 1 Level 2 support for application and platform issues.
- Ensuring monitoring alerts and systems events are assessed, prioritized, and managed.
- Manage client impacting incidents including business impact assessment, technical resolution, engagement, and communications.
- Own incident resolution and keep user informed of status.
- Execute Ready For Business Health Checks. Prepare and send ready for business communications.
- Provide expected time of availability for delayed streams and processes.
- Update ticket resolution status and details in the ticket management system(s).
- Respond to user requests and queries.
- Convert email requests to Peregrine or Vulcan tickets as needed.
- Escalate incidents to Level 3 as needed with summary analysis.
- Escalate incidents to appropriate interfacing support team or external teams such as product vendors.
- Update knowledgebase with support information (ex. Known errors and solutions for these errors).
- Provide clarifications on data issues identified in the application.
- Application capacity management (ex. Tactical clearing of logs, emergency storage adds, etc).
- Respond to adhoc data or report queries.
- Comply with JPMC standards, regulations, and corporate requirements.
- Adherence to corporate incident, problem, and change management processes.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with JPMC technology teams and business partners to identify process service improvements.
- Collaborate with JPMC technology teams and business partners to understand application functions and related up and downstream impacts.
- Drive continuous improvement of services processes in order to increase platform stability and realize operational efficiencies.
- Participate in post incident reviews and RCAs. Identify and drive associated action items to remediate issues
- Perform proactive trending and analysis of client impacting incidents to identify trigger events anddevelop prevention and remediation strategies.
- Work with change and release management on the evaluation of changes.
- Lead participate in technical bridge calls and/or management bridge calls as required.Use knowledge of core processes andcore support organizations to minimize MTTR (Mean Time to Restore)
- Participate in weekly / monthly incident event reporting
- Participate in knowledge management and document management (Runbooks).
- Understand and actively participate in process improvements to incident, problem, and change management processes.
- Create, update, and distribute performance metrics (KPIs)
- Support disaster recovery events
- Develop, maintain, and audit process and procedural documentation (knowledge management)
- Collaborate with technology and business partners to continuously identify proactive monitoring and health check opportunities
- Maintain and refine monitoring tools to measure system availability, stability, and performance on client facing applications.