Diesel USA Human Resources – Benefits and Accounting Internship Program Fall 2014Bookmark This
220 W 19th Street
New York, NY
DescriptionCompany: Diesel USA
Address: 220 W 19th St. New York, NY
Position: Part-Time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Company Description: Diesel, USA Incorporated is an international cutting edge fashion company, known for its denim and quirky advertising. Based out of Breganze, Italy, Diesel is a lifestyle brand with attitude. Diesel's unconventional management style emphasizes enthusiasm, energy and fun.
Job Description: As an intern you will help manage the day to day operations of the Human Resources Department.
Principle Job Functions: Assists with processing paperwork, managing the internship program, administering benefits and other day-to-day general functions of Human Resources.
• Ensures all received paperwork is complete and accurate.
• Follows up on missing and/or incomplete paperwork.
• Assists entering new hires, changes and terminations into HRIS. Updates employee discount in Retail Pro for new hires and terminations.
• Maintains the corporate new hire packet updated.
• Creates new files for new hires.
• Ensures all medical enrollments forms are complete properly.
• Ensure medical eligibility requirements are met before a medical enrollment form is processed.
• Ensure that every new eligible employee is offered medical insurance. In case an employee decides not to enroll, makes sure that the medical enrollment form is received with the option “I elect not to enroll” checked.
• Performs medical enrollments, changes and terminations with Performax..
• Assists communicating medical open enrollment to all employees.
• In conjunction with Human Resources Administrator, audits medical reports and invoices. Runs reports every quarter showing hours worked for retail employees to ensure that participants are meeting the 32 hours requirement on a continuous basis.
• Maintains employee medical files.
• Updates medical information in HRIS.
• Updates address changes with Performax and ADP Cobra Services.
• Keeps Medical binders updated and complete.
• Ensures all 401 (k) enrollment forms and change in contribution forms are complete properly.
• Assists ensuring eligibility requirements are met before an election packet is send to a 401 (k) new eligible participant.
• Assists ensuring that every new eligible employee receives a new election packet. Ensures that proof of offering 401 (k) to all eligible employees is filed in the 401 (k) binder and in each employee’s file. In case an employee decides not to enroll, ensures that the enrollment form is received with the option “I elect not to enroll” checked.
• Assists processing new enrollments, changes in contributions and terminations with Mass Mutual. Updates HRIS system accordingly.
• Assists communicating 401 (k) open enrollment to all employees.
• In conjunction with Human Resources Administrator, audits reports and invoices.
• Ensures all 401 (k) changes in contribution and enrollment forms are kept in both the 401 (k) binder and in the employee file.
• Updates address changes with Mass Mutual.
QTE (Qualified Transportation Expense):
• Assists with QTE new enrollments, changes and terminations.
• Submits QTE reports on a monthly basis.
• Updates QTE binder.
• Assists reviewing, submitting and tracking departmental expenditures.
• Assists coding and submitting invoices.
• Opens and classifies mail.
• Classifies and distributes faxes.
• Heavy filing.
RequirementsNecessary Skills & Qualifications:
• Able to earn school credit at a US accredited college or graduate school
• Able to dedicate a minimum of 16 hours a week
• Prior experience with Word & Excel
• Strong communication and time management skills
• Positive attitude and desire to learn
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Proactive, self-starter
• Prior administrative experience a plus
• Knowledge of Lotus Notes a plus
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please confirm if you can receive college credit and work at least 16 hours a week.