Human Resource InternBookmark This
Dylan's Candy Bar
1011 Third Avenue
Renown for merging the worlds of art, fashion and pop culture with candy, Dylan's Candy Bar is the largest, state-of-the-art sweets emporium. Dylan's Candy Bar is not your average "candy store" as it's home to over 7,500 candies from around the world, making it the most popular destination for the ultimate sugar rush experience. Dylan's Candy Bar features candy-inspired fashion, a café serving delicious baked treats and gourmet ice cream, as well as a party room and candy-cocktail bar. Giant Pop Art installations of oversized candy adorn the store and transport visitors to a modern day Candy Land, awakening the creative spirit and inner child in everyone.
Dylan's Candy Bar stores are currently located in New York City, East Hampton, Los Angeles and coming soon to Miami as well as in prestigious wholesale venues around the globe. For more information please visit www.DylansCandyBar.com or www.facebook.com/DylansCandy.
We are looking for a Human Resources Intern to join our team. The right candidate will be exposed to a dynamic and exciting opportunity for learning and growing in all disciplines in the Human Resources body of knowledge.
Please send your resume and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship, MetroCard will be provided
ResponsibilitiesTasks and Responsibilities
• Participating in the all recruiting and staffing activities
• Participating in the on-boarding and off-boarding function;
• Assistance in the weekly payroll process
• Acting as a contributor for various HR projects
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast paced, high pressured environment
• Exemplifies initiative, drive and ownership of work product
• Ability to provide outstanding customer service
• Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to workforce
• Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to maintain records and documentation pertaining to workforce
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understands material, and provides instructions to associates
• Human Resources Management Degree in progress
• Knowledge of the US labor regulatory environment and reporting requirements related to Human Resources;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate with all levels of staff and management;
• Must possess keen attention to details
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor and composure under potentially stressful situations
• Must demonstrate exceptional judgment, discretion, confidentiality and professional courtesy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
• Must possess advance Excel skills