Human Resources InternBookmark This
7202 Glen Forest Drive Suite 302
Avertest is a leading forensic drug and alcohol testing service provider for Judicial, DOT Regulated and Workplace clients across the country. We provide comprehensive turnkey programs that are custom designed for each client, however complex or simple.
Avertest’s Corporate office is seeking a highly motivated Human Resources Intern to assist the Human Resources department with daily administrative functions. This position is designed to provide students with an opportunity to gain practical experience to supplement classroom learning with opportunity for career advancement. The Human Resources Intern will report directly to the Human Resources Manager.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with recruiting strategies and active job postings
• Assist in maintaining Avertest’s applicant tracking system
• Screen applicants’ resumes
• Input new hire data into relevant payroll, timekeeping, and benefit systems
• File employee paperwork into personnel files
• Conduct background checks and E-Verify checks for new hires
• Draft and distribute benefit information to new hires and newly benefit eligible employees
• Develop relevant internal communication for Human Resources announcements
• Answer general HR-related phone calls and emails
• Coordinate Avertest’s Birthday and Anniversary Programs
• Coordinate Avertest’s Employee Recognition Program
• Other administrative tasks as assigned
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
• Skill in the use of computers to include programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and numerous web-based systems including SharePoint
• Pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or some related field
• Previous HR experience is a plus, however, not required
• A strong desire to learn
• A positive attitude
Avertest’s Corporate office operates from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. The Human Resources Intern can expect to work 10 hours per week within normal office hours. The Intern will have the flexibility of creating his/her own schedule, not exceeding 10 hours per week.