Human Resources InternBookmark This
Channel One, LLC
345 Seventh Ave, 6th Floor
New York, NY
DescriptionHuman Resources Intern
The Human Resources Intern will support the generalist human resource function by assisting in short-term projects including human resources information including employment recordkeeping, administrative duties, soft recruiting, benefits management, research, etc. The intern will gain understanding through ad-hoc projects to learn about the field of human resources. You would support the HR Generalist in a variety of tasks so that you can gain exposure to corporate HR functions.
Support the facilitation of daily HR operations including, but not limited to:
- Facilitate document maintenance and file retention processes for off-site disposition and electronic access. Maintains HR files according to legal and retention requirements, always maintaining confidentiality of information, documents, files, etc.
- Reviewing and assisting in the updating of HR policies and documentation
- Benefits management, enrollment and terminations
- Assisting in Recruitment efforts to fill open positions
- Exposure to payroll computations and administration under supervision
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Candidates should be working toward master?s degree in human resource management, industrial organizational psychology, business, or a related field. We may also consider students who are completing their final year towards a bachelor?s degree.
- Demonstrated ability to research, review and gather information from various sources relating to workforce issues.
1. Essential Use of Following Tools:
• Fax Machine
2. Essential Training/Certifications:
• Must be currently enrolled in college
• This internship is unpaid. College credit may be granted, but must be coordinated in advance with the intern's university/college.
3. Essential Skills/Knowledge:
• Strong knowledge in Human Resources Administrative practices
• Strong writing, reading and math skills
• High degree of Computer capabilities (Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint applications etc)
• Ability to learn other computer software programs, and enter and maintain accurate data/information
• Fundamental human resources knowledge
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of work records
4. Essential Mental Requirements:
• Must be able to work as an integral part of the Human Resources team
• Must be able to maintain good rapport with all Association groups
• Must be able to cope within a fast-paced work environment
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
• Must be able to understand the importance of the position for the success of the business
• Ability to accept changes and be flexible
• Be on time and with a minimal amount of absence
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Responsibilities- Assist the HR team with posting positions, sourcing resumes, scheduling interviews, and conducting initial phone screenings.
- Participate in college recruiting events to represent the company and identify potential candidates
- Provide administrative support to HR managers, including, calendar management, organizing travel and events, completing expense reports, and submitting service requests
- Answer phones, distribute mail, print/copy documents, order supplies, and set up meetings including conference lines/ video conferences.
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, and a persuasive, congenial personality
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Possess and exhibit a strong and genuine interest in working with people and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills