Human Resources InternBookmark This
205 N. Michigan Ave Suite 4240
DescriptionNiagara Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in Chicago in 2004 currently with branches in Michigan, Missouri, Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Wisconsin. The foundation is committed to building global bridges locally by convening dialogue that fosters understanding, respect, and acceptance. Niagara Foundation envisions a community in which people from all walks of life interact with each other and cooperate to serve their communities, thereby strengthening civil society and promoting the development of shared human values.
Internship opportunities are available every quarter/semester for students who wish to participate in a learning environment where he or she will gain work experience for the future. The intern will work closely with the Director of Human Resources on recruitment, training, and other employee related projects simultaneously.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities may include communicating with candidates via phone and email, database management, assisting with the on-boarding processes, managing open internship postings on various career and university websites, attending college career fairs with the HR Director, analyzing data and creating presentations for office leadership, and many others.
Requirements• Must be an undergraduate/graduate student or recent graduate
• Must be able to commit at least 12 hours a week for 12 weeks in the office
• Applicants must have a strong academic record and a demonstrated interest in human resources
• Strong writing skills are required
• Ability to respectfully communicate and work with diverse community groups varying in age, religion, denomination, and ethnicity
• Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to process and protect confidential information
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Have excellent verbal, interpersonal skills
• Excelling organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to think strategically and understand interrelations within an organization
• Highly proficient on MS Office Suite, particularly in Excel