Human Resources InternBookmark This
Covenant House International
5 Penn Plaza
DescriptionCovenant House International is the largest privately funded agency in the Americas providing shelter and other services to homeless, runaway and throwaway youth. In addition to food, shelter, clothing and crisis care, Covenant House provides a variety of services to homeless youth including healthcare, education, vocational preparation, drug abuse treatment and prevention programs, legal services, recreation, mother/child programs, transitional living programs, street outreach and aftercare.
Founded in 1972, Covenant House has facilities in 21 cities throughout the US, Canada, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and Nicaragua and has reached more than one million young people with immediate assistance and the support necessary to transition from a life on the streets to a life with a future.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual that is interested in obtaining hands on experience in the Human Resources Department of a large international non-profit organization.
ResponsibilitiesPOSITION TITLE: Human Resources Intern
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The HR Intern will provide clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources Department and assist with special HR projects. Internship will provide an opportunity to learn about the fundamentals of various Human Resources functions.
REPORTS TO: VP of Human Resources
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* Prepare new hire orientation packets.
* Assist with maintenance of employee files.
* Prepare internal and external job postings.
* Assist with recruitment and benefits functions.
* Provide administrative support to Human Resources Department.
* Audit employee files to meet compliance standards.
* Participate and assist with special HR projects.
* Must act discretely when working with highly confidential Human Resources information.
* Attend HR Department meetings as needed.
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), ADP HRIS a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
* General knowledge of human resource concepts and terminology.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills.
* Interest in Human Resources.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Pursing an undergraduate or graduate Degree in Human Resources or related field.
* PC skills in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint required.
* Available 20 – 25 hours a week. Hours are flexible based on student schedules.
* Prior office experience preferred.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
You can visit our web site at www.covenanthouse.org