Human Resources Intern (Spring into Summer)Bookmark This
Wakefern Food Corporation
5000 Riverside Drive
Description**Please note: We are looking for an intern to start with us immediately part-time and then progress into full-time as school ends**
Wakefern Food Corporation is the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the United States. Employing an innovative approach to wholesale business services, Wakefern focuses on helping the independent retailer compete in a big business world. Providing the tools entrepreneurs need to stay a step ahead of the competition, Wakefern’s wholesale client base benefits from the company’s extensive portfolio of services, including innovative technology, private label development, and best-in-class procurement practices.
Headquartered in Keasbey, New Jersey, Wakefern operates over 2.5 million square feet of grocery and non-food warehousing. Cooperatively owned by and built upon a foundation of independent retailers, Wakefern is uniquely positioned to meet the wholesale needs of the retail customers it serves. Wakefern’s commitment to delivering quality and value to these retail brands extends to its customers throughout New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. This wholesale reach also includes international, as well as domestic customers, providing them with high quality grocery, perishable, and non-foods products, at a consistently great value
ResponsibilitiesAs part of Wakefern’s Human Resources Division, the Human Resources Intern will be exposed to many facets of our organization including internal corporate divisions, retail Members and stores, as well as our external partners.
Through this internship, the student will gain an understanding of the needs of the numerous internal customers the Human Resources Division serves. Additionally, the Human Resources Intern will learn firsthand that the success of our great organization is dependent on its number one asset, its people!
Although the intern for Human Resources will lend assistance in several areas, the primary focus of the internship will be ongoing support of our Summer Internship Program. As this award winning program continues to grow, a high-energy intern is needed to manage all aspects related to making it a success. This will include assisting with recruiting efforts, communicating with applicants, new hire paperwork and orientations, event planning, and various other initiatives.
Responsibilities are inclusive of but not limited to:
• Providing overall support to the Human Resources team
• Assisting with general recruiting efforts such as career fairs or other on-campus events, as well as working with our various professional affiliations
• Screening, tracking, and organizing large quantities of resumes
• Communicating with all applicants, including scheduling interviews and answering inquiries
• Managing, planning, and implementing multiple intern events throughout the summer
• Other responsibilities as needed
Requirements• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have completed 24 college credits with a 2.9 cumulative GPA or better
• Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate school for fall of 2014
• Successful completion of a substance abuse test and background check required
• Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of Lotus Notes and Access a plus.)
• Valid driver's license and flexibility with regard to travel required
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and customer service skills with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
• Ability to exhibit proper business etiquette when dealing with all levels of the organization