Human Resources InternshipBookmark This
Burns & Scalo Roofing
22 Rutgers Road
DescriptionBurns & Scalo Roofing Company, Inc. is seeking a Human Resources Intern who will work directly with the Director of Human Resources and be exposed to almost every aspect of human resources (recruitment, hiring, benefits, employee relations, performance evaluation, training, etc.). The preferred candidate will be energetic, multi-talented, and enjoy learning new skills.
Minimum 15 hours per week, mutually convenient days and hours to be determined . Certain mornings preferred for new employee on-boarding purposes. Two month minimum commitment required with potential for added opportunities if the applicant has additional time.
Unpaid Internship. Will work with intern to provide academic credit if applicable. Excellent learning potential for this role to take to future positions.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com referencing the Human Resources Internship opportunity.
• Help recruit, hire, and provide orientation to new hires
• Conduct reference calls and perform background checks on potential new hires
• Communicate benefits and enrollment procedures to newly eligible participants
• Learn and practice compliance with local, state, and federal laws throughout employment process, benefits, termination, HIPAA and privacy, etc.
• Create and/or update orientation and/or training PowerPoint Presentations
• Conduct employee trainings, if interested
• Participate in production of employee newsletter or special events
• Maintain confidential records
• Other duties as assigned
RequirementsJob Skill Characteristics:
• Education: An undergraduate/graduate student who is currently working towards a degree in human resources management or related discipline
• A people-oriented individual with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong eye for detail and accuracy
• Independent learning ability
• Ability to be flexible and be a creative problem solver
• Ability to meet deadlines consistently
• Ability to work with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) in PC operating systems
Special / Preferred Job Skills
• Basic understanding of Human Resources Management and employment laws