Human Resources InternThe Briscoe Group
FUN / FLEXIBLE HOURS - Human Resources & Recruiting InternshipsPolaris Development, Inc.
Growing Sales and Marketing Firm: HUMAN RESOURCES & RECRUITING INTERNS WANTEDPolaris Development, Inc.
FLEXIBLE HOURS- PT/FT - RECRUITING & HRPolaris Development, Inc.
HR / Recruiting Internships: FULL TIME & PART TIME - FLEXIBLE HOURSPolaris Development, Inc.
Human Resources InternshipBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Seattle
909 4th Ave
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is seeking an unpaid Human Resources Intern. In this role you will have an opportunity to get hands-on experience with HR systems (HR Information System, Applicant Tracking & Onboarding System, Background Check System, Electronic Records Storage) and learn about the function of an HR department serving a large non-profit with multiple locations.
ResponsibilitiesPrinicpal projects and responsibilities:
1. Career Website Improvements – Looking for creative thoughts, innovative ideas as we draft our new website
a. Review current career website and come up with ideas on how to enhance our Y brand to potential applicants
i. Develop uses of social media to draw candidates to our website
2. Job Announcements – Looking for strong, creative writers who can integrate our Y branding to improve job openings
a. Study our Y Branding architecture
b. Create job announcements using brand marketing concepts to better catch the eye of potential candidates
3. Applicant Tracking (iCIMS) Supervisor Assistance in follow-up with paperwork to ensure compliance
a. Learn the iCIMS system – integrated system from job requisition approval, hire, paperwork processing and background/drug testing
b. Audit and ensure all paperwork is complete and in compliance with our processes prior to new hires beginning work
4. General HR exposure, including:
a. Opportunity to work with and learn from the CHRO and HR Directors (Operations, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards)
b. Access to HRIS system(s) and WATCH (Washington State Patrol background check system) and tasks to gain experience navigating and using those systems.
RequirementsIdeal Qualifications and Requirements:
1. HIGH attention to detail
2. Critical thinking and problem solving
3. Clear written communication
4. Internet savvy, especially social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In)
5. Interest in business and human resources (candidates with related credits or work experience preferred)