Human Resources InternshipBookmark This
The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
One South Broad Street
DescriptionSummary: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association is seeking a bright, motivated and outgoing person for an internship opportunity in our Human Resources department. The POA values all of our interns and we will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. Our interns should be ready and eager to learn new skills and bring with them maturity, discretion and flexibility.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of acclaimed performances, historic international tours, best-selling recordings, and its unprecedented record of innovation in recording technologies and outreach. Renowned for its distinctive sound, desired for its keen ability to capture the hearts and imaginations of audiences, and admired for an unrivaled legacy of “firsts” in music-making, The Philadelphia Orchestra remains one of the preeminent orchestras in the world.
What you will learn:
• The basics of benefits administration, including the open enrollment process.
• The basics of recruiting interns and staff positions.
• The basics of personnel file management.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will do:
1. Assist with the auditing personnel files.
2. Assist with creating a database of historical personnel information.
3. Assist with coordinating intern activities and information sessions.
4. When possible, observe the interview process.
5. Assist with benefits administration.
6. Provide administrative support for Human Resources projects as needed.
RequirementsWhat we require:
1. Completion of a minimum of 2 to 3 years of college, pursuing a related BA/BS degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
2. Good communication skills, highly organized, detail-focused, and customer service oriented.
3. Strong writing skills and confidence to work with the public.
4. Ability to work with highly confidential information.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly with a strong knowledge of Excel and Word.
6. Able to commit to approximately 15 - 24 hours per week of time.
7. Interest or experience in human resources and benefits administration.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association; Attn: Human Resources; One South Broad Street, 14th Floor;
Philadelphia, PA 19107