Human Resources Onboarding InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 W 7th St
Saint Paul, MN
This position is responsible for a variety of aspects in the onboarding process for Museum employees and volunteers including but not limited to phone screening new applicants, checking references, processing applications, running background checks and compiling new hire packets. This internship requires at least two 4-5 hour shifts per week.
ResponsibilitiesMajor Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of the Human Resources Director and Volunteer Services Coordinator.
% of Time
50% 1. Create, manage and audit personnel files for new employees, oversee background check completion, do hire letters.
40% 2. Use telephone to screen new volunteer applicants and place with appropriate positions. Complete reference checks for volunteer applicants.
10 % 4. Other HR or volunteer management duties as assigned.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Formal education in related field such as Human Resources, Management, Communications, etc.
2. Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
3. Skill in coordinating tasks and projects.
4. Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Applications. Database management and social media experience is a plus.
5. Ability to work well with people of all ages and backgrounds.