RECRUITING INTERNBookmark This
David Gomez & Associates
65 East Wacker Place, Suite 1610
Headquartered in Chicago since 1978, David Gomez & Associates is a retained executive search firm with clients spanning multiple industries, from the Fortune 1000 to Healthcare and Non-Profit Organizations. Through our unique, proprietary search process, we deliver only the most exceptional executive and managerial candidates; business leaders adept at navigating the complexities inherent to the global economy. As a Hispanic Business Enterprise, we are especially mindful of the value of diversity for an organization's vitality, creativity, and success. For our clients, David Gomez & Associates recruits the highest quality executive level candidates in the market to meet the demands of your leadership structure.
WHY WORK FOR US?
• Work at one of the fastest-growing boutique executive search firms in the country
• Experience a hands-on internship; working directly with our CEO, management, and prospective/current clients
• Your work will be meaningful and what you do actually matters and effects our company’s bottom line
• Receive ongoing feedback and performance reviews
• Learn and gain an understanding of selling/communication/marketing techniques
• Participate in team and prospective client meetings and calls
• Gain real-world work experience to prepare for your future career in business development or the search industry
• Flexible hours/days to fit your class schedule
• Work with the awesome DG&A team/family
We are entering into a period of rapid growth and are looking for a driven intern to wear many hats in a research and recruiting setting. This is not strictly a recruiting position; our interns learn the most by interacting with the recruiting team, development team, and finance team. In this internship, the right candidate will work with the recruiting team to assist in a number of projects and tasks.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Unpaid/School-Credit; Opportunities to grow with company following the successful completion of the internship
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
Flexible start & end dates; open to part- and full-time interns. Minimum of a three month duration and at least 15 hours/week. We will coordinate with the right candidate to create a weekly work schedule.
ASAP – Immediate openings available
Responsibilities• Proactively researching and identifying top-level talent in support of company core functions through candidate name identification.
• Maintaining the company database by tracking candidate and client information.
• Generating interest in open searches through cold calling, referrals, and networking.
• Participating in kick off meetings to gather information, then writing role descriptions for positions DG&A is retained on.
• Interviewing and assessing candidates to establish qualifications and fit for clients.
• Checking references and background information.
• Preparing candidate profiles on recommended candidates.
• Presenting candidates to the Recruiting Manager.
Requirements• Current (or recent) undergrad or graduate student who is majoring in Human Resources, Business, Marketing, or a related field. Students who have completed a minimum of two years preferred.
• Has extensive knowledge of web, social media (specifically LinkedIn), and mobile devices.
• Superior written and verbal communication abilities.
• Proficiency in managing multiple tasks and prioritizing work load-with effective independent follow-up.
• A competitor with an internal desire to not lose.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Excellent organizational, planning, and proofreading skills.
• Proven attention to detail.
• Relationship building skills.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism under pressure.
• Skilled/proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, and the technological skill to work with an Applicant Tracking System application.
DO NOT APPLY IF:
• You do not want to pick up the phone and make a recruiting call
• You’re looking for an “easy” internship