Volunteers/Interns ManagerBookmark This
Green Lifestyles Network
5858 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionWork Location: Los Angeles, CA
Division/Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources (Committee Chair of Volunteers)
Responsible for the recruitment, interviewing and presentation of all volunteers.
The Volunteers/Interns Manager is responsible for managing the recruitment and human resources process for all Volunteer/Intern apart of GLN.
This includes the recruitment, interviewing, orientation, onboarding, processing of new Volunteers/Interns paperwork, retention and coordination of all Green Lifestyles Network volunteers.
The Volunteers/Interns Manager will work closely with the Director of Human Resources to review volunteer/intern applications and onboard volunteers/interns as appropriate.
The Volunteers/Interns Manager will work closely with all staff members/managers/directors and Volunteers/Interns to create a positive, effective and productive atmosphere for volunteers/interns.
How to apply:
Please Click on Link below:
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Plus: 2 references, and (1) page sample writing of your choice
Only candidates who send ALL requested documents will be considered.
Responsibilities• Determine department needs and work with department managers to create and post job descriptions
for specific departments on various website that include: idealist, internships, smart volunteer, back
page LA, volunteer match, make a difference day, and los angeles.craiglist.org.
• Respond to all accepted volunteers/interns inquiries and work with department heads to send out the
• Set up new hire personnel folder on all new Volunteers/Interns
• Complete reference check on new Volunteer/Interns where a conditional offer has been made
• Send out rejection letters to those Volunteers/Interns inquiries that are not a fit for the position
• Onboard and schedule volunteers/interns to meet the Management staff of that specific department/
recruit and schedule in-depth training for volunteers/interns with their immediate supervisor
• Check the volunteer inquiry responses daily and reach out to the responses with an acknowledgement
• Update the volunteer status as applicable of volunteers going on leave of absence, leaving and/or a
having a change of information/ maintain volunteer records and statistics in GLN database
• Create new Volunteer/Intern Task List and Timesheet using Google Docs
• Maintain volunteer records and statistics in GLN database
• Work with Director of Human Resources to develop and implement formal and informal Volunteer/
Interns appreciation program
• Modify policies and procedures and Volunteers/Interns handbook as needed
• Collaborate with department heads to conduct Quarterly performance appraisal for Volunteers/Interns
• Collaborate with department heads to perform exit interview on all Volunteers/Interns that leave GLN
• Ensure that Volunteer/Intern Agreement Liability Waivers are signed and filed
• Work with staffs/managers/directors to handle any Volunteers/Interns concerns or issues
• Plan fun events for Volunteers/Interns to bond and just enjoy the time together
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
-Understanding of organization vision, mission and objectives
-Ability to take direction and execute department strategy
-Enthusiasm, teamwork focused and strong customer service orientation
-Well organized and detail oriented
-Effective leadership and team building skills
-Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision
-Possess tact, diplomacy and flexibility
-Good supervisory skills
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Project management skills
-Ability to multi-task
-Computer skills required including database experience, MS Office, Excel and internet
Education, Experience :
• Bachelor's degree and three (2) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience
• A master' degree in Human Resources Management and two (2) years of experience in the HR field,
• Any similar combination of education and experience