Fundraising InternBookmark This
Human Resources Achievement Program Inc.
Posted: May 23 2015
Company Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHuman Resources Achievement Program, Inc. (HRAP, Inc.) is an education & job training program designed to teach at-risk youths the professional lifestyle of Human Resources.
The Fundraising Intern, reports to the Deputy Director of Communications. This internship positions will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant writing, events planning, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable experience working for a non-profit. This internship is part time and an unpaid position. The fundraising intern will work directly below the Deputy Director of Communications.
Responsibilities• Research new foundations/grants to apply for funding
• Help with editing of proposals and reports
• Help in writing minor proposals and reports
• Table at awareness and fundraising events
• Assist in pre-event preparation
• Help in organizing events
• Provide support in sending mailings and invitations
• Help with maintaining database records
• Soliciting donations