TCD Consulting, Inc. Human Resources InternshipTCD Consulting, Inc.
HR CoordinatorBeloved Streets of America
HR Talent ScoutBeloved Streets of America
Human Resources Talent ScoutPoplar Network
Human Resources CoordinatorPoplar Network
HR Coordinator InternshipJulie Braun Co.
HR Talent Scout InternshipJulie Braun Co.
HR and Business Development InternBookmark This
Fit 4 Life NYC
30 Third Ave. Suite 842 | We are moving soon!
Posted: August 19 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Fit 4 Life NYC
Fit 4 Life NYC is growing fast and we’re looking for smart, ambitious interns to join us for the ride. We are committed to supporting schools, non-profit organizations, and community health organizations within under-served communities in creating healthy and active environments. We accomplish this by offering an array of programs including Physical Fitness classes, school day and after school programs and adult fitness classes for educators, non-profits and community health organizations.
The demand for our programs has created opportunities and we’re looking for the best and brightest to join us in the purposeful adventure.
We are looking for people who are passionate about living an active lifestyle and can embrace our PLAY WITH A PURPOSE motto. As a member of Fit 4 Life NYC, we want you to be inspired in your professional life and supported in your personal life. We want you to build your skills and grow with our family. We want you to give back to your community and to yourself.
You will have the opportunity to stand out and make a distinct impact. Our small team contributes to an environment where your work will be noticed.
• Grading if applicable
• Minimum of 15-20 hours per week
• $200 stipend given at the completion of the internships
• Available to work some Saturdays and evenings at Fit 4 Life NYC trainings and partner fitness and health events
• Internal trainings and professional development around our Play With A Purpose model, classroom management and youth development
• A rare opportunity to do good for the NYC community while undertaking a fast paced and dynamic growth
• We encourage you to take risks and develop creative, outside-the-box solutions to impact the value of the services
we offer our clients
• Workout/Exercise attire is appropriate in the office when not seeing clients
• Free Fit 4 Life NYC adult fitness classes when available
ResponsibilitiesJob Description for Fit 4 Life NYC Administrative and Business Development Intern
• Responsible for supporting the Executive Director and Managers in a variety of administrative duties.
• Assists HR Department in updating and maintaining Fit 4 Life NYC’s instructor’s master list (database)
• Helps maintain and update employee records and files.
• Performs general office support functions and assists Fit 4 Life NYC staff as necessary
• Provides Executive Director with business development administrative tasks such as mass mailings, social media
and business research and development
• Maintains a clean and healthy work environment for staff
• Reports directly to the HR Manager
Administrative role in human resources (60%)
1. Assumes responsibility for effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting information.
• Maintains office supplies and equipment for Fit 4 Life NYC instructors.
• Ensures that employee files and records are maintained in accordance with Fit 4 Life
NYC’s policies and procedures.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional working relations with applicants, visitors, callers, and other stakeholders.
• Maintains courteous and professional relationship with all instructors and administrative staff
• Receives and tracks employment applications via e-mail and google docs.
Administrative role in business administration and development (40%)
1. Assumes responsibility for marketing the Fit 4 Life NYC brand to potential schools, community health and non-profit organizations in under-served communities
• Coordinates phone and in-person meetings for Executive Director Program Manager
• Tracks marketing outreach and outcomes on a monthly basis. This includes, number of cold calls each month, number of meetings and follow-up between potential partner and Executive Director and number of leads that transitioned to a partnership
• Assists in updating and identifying relevant content for Fit 4 Life NYC’s social media
• Must be enrolled in an Associates or Bachelors program
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willingness and ability to learn the day-to-operations of a small fitness and health business
• One year of general business experience and/or administrative/office
management, experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Docs.
• Willingness to assist staff in creating a fun, fit and healthy work environment and culture.
• Understanding of reporting and record keeping requirements.
• Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
• Organized; ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy; strong administrative skills.