Information Technology Recruiter - InternPacific Data Integrators
Human Resources CoordinatorPoplar Network
Human Resources Talent ScoutPoplar Network
HR Coordinator InternshipJulie Braun Co.
HR Talent Scout InternshipJulie Braun Co.
HR Talent ScoutBeloved Streets of America
HR CoordinatorBeloved Streets of America
Human Resources InternshipPCG, Inc.
Human Resources / Recruiting InternshipBookmark This
120 5th avenue
New York, NY
Posted: August 03 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Human Resources Intern will contribute to the accomplishment of the department as a whole. This is a part-time position (2-3 days/week) that is paid and or school credit is offered. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK MONDAY AND THURSDAY. This is a great opportunity for students who are interested in gaining real-world experience, in a start-up environment (read: very hands-on, you will NOT be making coffee runs & sitting idly at a desk!) Instead, you will have the opportunity to assist the Human Resources department as we double in size this year.
ResponsibilitiesExamples of daily tasks include:
• Tracking all job applicants into a shared database excel sheet
• Making improvements on our existing filing system (and regular upkeep of all applications for candidates not hired)
• Uploading employee files into our online system
• Assisting with organizing & helping to oversee recruitment events including our weekly open call
• Attending internship and job fairs when needed to gain insight of the recruitment process
• Other projects as needed!
RequirementsExperience & Education:
• Working on obtaining a Bachelor’s degree and or Master’s (HR degree or certificate preferred).
• Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in a high-end customer service position OR previous internship where office skills were obtained.
• Strong administrative skills required.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information related to pay, personnel status, and disciplinary actions.
• Ability to discreetly and tactfully recognize and handle sensitive and confidential information required.
• Skill in organizing work, defining tasks, setting priorities, working independently and following through on all projects and assignments with minimal direction required.
• Highly organized, efficient, and attentive to detail, with excellent follow-up skills required.
• Ability to effectively perform a variety of duties with frequent interruptions and under changing priorities required.
• Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, editing, and proofreading. Demonstrated ability to compose routine business correspondence with correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation required.
• Professional demeanor and courteous/helpful manner required.