Human Resource (HR)Glocar
Human Resources CoordinatorSuperInterns.com
Human Resources Talent Acquisition SpecialistSuperInterns.com
Human Resources AnalystSuperInterns.com
Human Resources InternALLERGAN PLC
Talent Acquisition InternEverwise
Recruiting CoordinatorGLE Creative Talent
Recruiting Administrative/ Data Entry AssistantGLE Creative Talent
Human Resource InternshipBookmark This
NY Hall of Science
47-01 111th street
Posted: June 22 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBackground: The New York Hall of Science (NYSCI) is New York City’s only hands-on science and technology center, with a mission to bring the excitement and understanding of science to children, families and teachers by galvanizing their curiosity and providing creative, participatory ways to learn. Located in Queens, the most diverse county in the U.S., NYSCI welcomes 500,000 visitors annually. Since our founding at the 1964-65 World’s Fair, NYSCI has earned an international reputation as a provider of teacher professional development, classroom resources and curricula, out-of-school programming and other educational initiatives. Our exhibitions, programs, and products are informed by strategies of engagement called Design-Make-Play (DMP). The defining characteristics of DMP—open-ended exploration, imaginative learning, personal relevance, deep engagement and delight—are the ingredients that inspire passionate STEM learners.
NYSCI has approximately 110 full-time and over 170 part-time staff-members.
Departmental Role: To concentrate on the human capital of NYSCI and the necessary details that allows the rest of the organization to accomplish their goals with the utmost efficiency.
Responsibilities1. Work closely with HR Assistant to complete HR audit.
2. Work with HR Assistant in all aspects of recruitment including job posting, resume screening, interviewing, and reference checks.
3. Assist in conducting New Hire & Benefits Orientation for all qualified new hires.
4. Process, verify, maintain and file documentation relating to HR activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, organization charts, performance evaluations and job classifications.
5. Complete other tasks as assigned.
Education: Currently enrolled in an HR Program preferred.
Experience: Experience working in an office or museum setting preferred but not required.
January-June Flexible to accommodate school schedule.
Intern will be provided with monthly Metrocard
• Commitment to the philosophy and mission of NY Hall of Science.
• Ability to write grammatically correct reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Strong communications skills with the ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications. Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time, especially people of diverse communities.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, customer service and computer skills, including database, word processing, and spreadsheet software, plus Internet search proficiency.
• Demonstrable experience in working with teams.
• Ability to get ideas accepted and to guide a group or individual to accomplish the task.
• Ability to plan and organize the activities of others.
• Experience serving diverse audiences preferred.