Human Resources Administratorjulpar
Human resourcesGenerac Power Systems
Human Resources InternZAG Group of Companies
Human Resources Intern - FULL TIME - 40 Hours/week - Paid (NON-VIRTUAL)McKenna Motor Co., Inc.
TCD Consulting, Inc. Human Resources InternshipTCD Consulting, Inc.
Human Resources and Recruiting InternshipThe So Cal Group, Inc.
Public Relations AssistantCPG Seattle
Human Resources InternACADIA HEALTH CARE
Human ResourcesBookmark This
Junior Blind of America
5300 Angeles Vista Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: March 09 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Junior Blind of America
Junior Blind helps children and adults who are blind, visually impaired or multi-disabled achieve independence. We provide students with the critical services they need, so that they can reach their full potential. We offer quality programming that includes early intervention, education, employment rehabilitation and recreation services, all at no charge to families.
Junior Blind values the people we serve and our students and their families are our top priority. We empower our students to reach their full potential, allowing them to achieve their hopes and dreams. We are dedicated to achieving quality results thorough innovative ideas, efficient performance and effective strategies.
ResponsibilitiesThe Human Resources Intern will work closely with the Director of Human Resources, Associate VP of Human Resources and other members of the HR team and will learn the practical application of:
• Steps in the recruiting and hiring process, including: posting job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting job reference checks phone screenings, and shadow recruiter on the job offer process
• The importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality and proper maintenance of employee files. Experience working with our HRIS to validate new hire data, generate reports, and trouble shoot issues
• Learn the strategic partnership between HR team and the programs/departments they support
• Be a contributor at staff meetings, learn to work as a team member within Human Resources, and work independently as an individual contributor
• Gain insight about employee communications
If you are interested to apply for this internship please email your resume and cover letter to:
Junior Blind of America
Human Resources Department
5300 Angeles Vista Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90043
Visit us online at: www.juniorblind.org
Requirements• The intern should be enrolled in an undergraduate program pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field
• The intern is expected to dedicate between 150-200 hours, depending upon college credit requirements. Schedule: Monday - Friday or Monday - Thursday. Minimum of 16-20 per week
• Proficient in MS Office applications such as Word and Excel, social media and excellent organizational skills
• Willingness and desire to learn about all aspects of Human Resources
• Applicants will need to be able to pass a DOJ Live Scan background check, drug screen and a physical exam which includes a TB test and drug clearance