- Internships /
- Human Resources /
- Human Resources Intern Quakertown, PA - Plant Essentials Corporate Headquarters
Human Resources Administratorjulpar
Human resourcesGenerac Power Systems
Human Resources InternZAG Group of Companies
Human Resources Intern - FULL TIME - 40 Hours/week - Paid (NON-VIRTUAL)McKenna Motor Co., Inc.
TCD Consulting, Inc. Human Resources InternshipTCD Consulting, Inc.
Human Resources and Recruiting InternshipThe So Cal Group, Inc.
Public Relations AssistantCPG Seattle
Human Resources InternACADIA HEALTH CARE
Human Resources Intern Quakertown, PA - Plant Essentials Corporate HeadquartersBookmark This
Plant Essentials, Inc
101 E. Mill Street, Suite D
Posted: October 19 2016
Application Deadline: December 15, 2016
Position: Full-time, Paid
Timeframe: 01/09/17 — 08/09/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSupervised by the HR Director, the Human Resources (HR) Intern at Plant Essentials, Inc. is an ideal opportunity for someone with a strong desire to learn more about various HR functions in a virtual, Multi-state, fast-paced seasonal environment. Plant Essentials, Inc employs approx. 2000 seasonal employees who merchandiser live plant goods in approximately 700 locations of our retail client(s)
Learning about the Real World HR Functions while supporting the HR team, which includes administration duties around processing employee paperwork, HRIS (Evolution, CRC, Mozilla, Training website (TBD) and other new hire onboarding tasks.
What the intern will learn:
The intern will gain experience with Evolution Payroll, Database Maintenance (File Maker,) Data Reporting and Analysis (Excel), new hire onboarding, employee development processes (TBD), and policy and procedure administration. This is a 5-7 month paid position.
• Aspects of onboarding a workforce of approximately 1000 new hires and 1000 recalled seasonal employees
• Knowledge of employment related laws and practices (Federal, Multi-state and Canadian)
• Basic knowledge of payroll procedure set up including local, state and Federal taxing obligations
• Knowledge and procedures in for administering Worker’s Compensation injuries in multiple US states and 4 Canadian provinces.
• A Basic understanding of HR Data Analysis and reporting for required agency reporting and for in-house metrics
• Opportunity to proof-read and contribute to a constantly changing Policies and Procedure Manual
Responsibilities• Sorting and reviewing new hire and re-hire Paperwork as it is received
• Employee Onboarding Projects including entering in new or updated information in the appropriate HR related databases
o Assist in Communicating and ensuring compliance with company policies across multiple levels of the organization
o Assist with initial set up of approximately 1000 new and 1000 recalled seasonal employees
o Set up and emailing of Online pay statement set up
• Proof-read and contribute to the Policies and Procedure Manual. Assist in serving as resource and liaison to employees and managers with policy and procedure questions as needed.
• Assist in keeping worker’s compensation data bases and records
• Assist in responding to requests for Verification of Employment
• Assist in Data Analysis and completing various required internal and government related reports.
• Assume ad hoc tasks as necessary
RequirementsRequirements: This position is in Quakertown, PA. Intern must be able to work in the corporate office. Unfortunately moving experience and housing allowances are not provided at this time)
• Working Toward a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field
• Junior or senior in Business or related field
Proficient the use of MS Office Suite and Internet Applications
• Detail Oriented with Superior oral and written communication skills
• Possess a strong and genuine interest in working with people and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality in dealing with sensitive matters
• Self-motivated, outgoing and eager to learn
SkillsRequired - Accurate Data Entry, MS Excel Pivot Tables, Organization & prioritization skills, Handle Confidential Information
Preferred - Data Analysis, Employment Law Compliance