Human Resources InternReliance capital Limited
Human Resources and Corporate Recruiting InternshipAFLAC
HR Talent Scout InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Fine Arts / Gallery InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Human Resource (HR) Internship at ChangingThePresent.orgChanging The Present
Human Resources InternNANTHEALTH CARE
Entrepreneurship and Leadership DevelopmentCollege Pro
Human Resources InternBookmark This
Naugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
13 Scott Street
Posted: June 01 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNaugatuck Youth Services, Inc. is a non-profit youth services bureau with the goal of helping all of Naugatuck's young people be "healthy, resilient & awesome." We have been a non-profit community organization for less than a year, and are looking for an intern who is willing and interested in doing research and helping us develop human resources systems, policies and procedures, and putting them into practice.
Responsibilities- Complete an organizational needs assessment and propose a plan for meeting these needs, in terms of HR and personnel practices as well as volunteer management
- Research necessary documents, procedures, etc. so that best practices are included in plan
- Meet with Executive Director and Administrative Coordinator to review plan, suggestions, etc. and assist in their implementation.
- Answer phones, distribute mail, print/copy documents, order supplies, and set up meetings
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, and a persuasive, congenial personality and POSITIVE ATTITUDE.
- Be willing to pitch in with other activities if needed!
PLEASE NOTE: This internship will be supervised by the Executive Director, NOT a human resources professional. Intern will need to work with minimal supervision, research, write plans, policy & procedures and be willing to revise as needed and assist in implementation of plans. This is a unique opportunity to develop an HR program from the ground up. Must be wiling to do research and consult with other professionals in the HR field as needed. Opportunities to develop trainings and orientations and present them are available as well.
Requirements- Working towards adegree in Human Resources or related field
- Possess and exhibit a strong and genuine interest in working with people and the ability to interact professionally with people of all ages
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to worth with minimal supervision
- Willingness to do research, make phone calls, and develop documents
SkillsRequired - Internet Research, Human Resource Planning, Best Practices, Telephone Interviewing, Report Writing Skills
Preferred - Volunteer Management, Employee Training, Flexible Schedule, Positive Attitude