Human Resources InternALLERGAN PLC
Talent Acquisition InternEverwise
Recruiting CoordinatorGLE Creative Talent
Recruiting Administrative/ Data Entry AssistantGLE Creative Talent
Human Resources InternAnaheim University
Human Resources InternAflac Pasadena
Program Support (Human Resources)The Global Grid
TCD Consulting, Inc. Human Resources InternshipTCD Consulting, Inc.
HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN, SPRINGBookmark This
Physicians for Human Rights
256 West 38th Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY
Posted: December 16 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “HR Intern Spring 2016” in the subject line. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered for the position.
ABOUT PHYSICIANS FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
For nearly 30 years, Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) has used science and medicine to document and call attention to mass atrocities and severe human rights violations.
A Nobel Peace Prize co-laureate, PHR is a global organization founded on the idea that health professionals, with their specialized skills, ethical duties, and credible voices, are uniquely positioned to stop human rights violations. PHR’s investigations and expertise are used to advocate for the protection of persecuted health workers and medical facilities under attack, prevent torture, document mass atrocities, and hold those who violate human rights accountable.
For more information about PHR, please see our website at www.physiciansforhumanrights.org.
The Human Resources department is seeking an intern wishing to gain direct experience in developing and implementing key people strategies for a growing international non-profit organization. This internship is ideal for anyone looking for a career in global human resources or non-profit management.
PHR internships are unpaid. Students may be able to arrange academic credit. Students should check with their individual academic institutions for requirements.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will be mentored by the HR Manager with the aim of becoming familiar with a broad spectrum of HR functions and to assist in the development and implementation of HR processes and practices. Projects the intern may work on include enhancing the existing internship program; reviewing the current on boarding process for new staff; or researching and implementing salary scales.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular learning and social events with other interns and staff from PHR to round out the learning experience and complement career mentoring provided by the HR Manager.
• Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program of study specializing in human resources, business administration or a related field
• General knowledge of human resource concepts and terminology
• Interest and knowledge as to how social media can be fully utilized in the recruitment process
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills and high emotional intelligence
• Resourceful in performing research on the internet and through other channels
• Well organized, detailed oriented, and able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
LOCATION AND HOURS
• The HR intern will be based in PHR’s New York office in midtown Manhattan
• This unpaid internship will require a minimum of 15 hours/week
• The position will commence at the start of January with at least a 3-month commitment