Human Resources InternAflac Pasadena
Recruiting & Hiring internBenjamin Apartments LLC
Human Resources internBenjamin Apartments LLC
SAP HR Training and Placement - TekTaurus EducationTekTaurus Education
HR Talent ScoutOutings & Adventures
Human Resources Internship-Queens Health NetworkIcahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Information Technology Recruiter - InternPacific Data Integrators
Human Resources Intern – (Unpaid)Bookmark This
800 Long Ridge Rd
Posted: August 30 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHuman Resources Intern – (Unpaid)
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Hours: Part Time (Monday-Friday); a minimum of 10 hours/week
Location: Stamford, CT
Start Date: Open
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter stating specifically why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Intern (Unpaid)” in the subject line.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Overview of the Organization
buildOn is a not for profit organization working to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy and low expectations through service and education. buildOn runs intensive service learning programs in 44 high schools across the U.S. and empowers youth to contribute direct service to their communities – working with senior citizens, the homeless population and younger children. Through buildOn, students learn to see themselves as the solution, not the problem. They elevate expectations for their communities and themselves and they develop the character, grit and determination they need to succeed. 93% of buildOn students in the U.S. not only graduate from high school, they go on to college! These same students help build schools in some of the economically poorest countries in the world, bringing access to education to hundreds of communities. buildOn students have contributed more than 1.7 million hours of service in the U.S. and have helped build more than 900 schools in Burkina Faso, Haiti, Nepal, Nicaragua, Malawi, Mali, and Senegal.
Overview of the Role
buildOn is seeking a motivated Human Resource intern who wants to work in Human Resources. The HR intern will work closely with and support buildOn’s Director of Human Resources and HR Coordinator with a diverse set of tasks and projects that will build their expertise and provide hands-on experience in the various aspects of Human Resources. Our Director of Human Resources and HR Coordinator are looking to mentor a student who will help on a wide variety of HR functions including but not limited to: recruiting, orientation, on/off boarding, benefits, labor law compliance, and our Human Resource information System. This position also offers excellent opportunities to gain valuable experience working at a leading non-profit. This position is unpaid but interested candidates will be encouraged to work for academic credit.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you`ll do:
• Assist in job posting, sourcing resumes, scheduling interviews, and participating in initial phone screens
• Records management and internal employee file auditing
• Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department
• Employee personnel files, scanning, employee communications, and data entry
• Assist in major research projects that will allow the HR department to streamline processes and procedures; special HR projects as needed
• Ensure HR functions are in compliance with organization policies and procedures as well as federal, states, and local laws
• Assist in conducting and processing background checks
• Create and support our Internal Communication initiatives (employee newsletter)
• Researching and collecting data for various HR initiatives
What you’ll learn:
• Meaningful Human Resource hands-on experience in performance and talent management, workforce planning, employee & labor relations, organizational development and legal compliance
• Professional development that can help build your resume and increase your chances of being noticed by employers
• Opportunities to apply classroom knowledge in a “real world” professional environment along with an insight of the everyday office environment
• Project management skills through Basecamp and Google forms
• Prioritization and time management skills
• Create quarterly newsletters using MailChimp
buildOn is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more and to get involved, visit us at www.buildon.org
This is a volunteer position. College credit is available depending on the requirements of your college or university. If selected for the position, you must pass a background check.
RequirementsWho we are looking for:
• Commitment to buildOn’s mission
• Must be able to dedicate a minimum of 10 hours per week to the internship, on a regular defined schedule. Must be enrolled in an accredited university or college, working towards a degree in Human Resources.
• Familiarity working with multiple social media outlets.
• Knowledge about MailChimp and Google apps
• Applicants should have a sincere desire to learn the field of human resources, and a strong desire to serve others
• Ability to handle confidential and time-sensitive information
• Detailed-oriented with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple task requirements simultaneously
• Must have computer software skills, expert knowledge of Microsoft office suite