HR Internship (Winter 2016/Spring 2017)Braathe Enterprises
Assistant Human Resources and Communication in MexicoPIC Management
Human Resource Talent ScoutH&R Yacht Charters
HR InternshipInternational Translation Company
Human Resources InternTeam One Global
Human ResourcesA&A Marketing Group
(Summer, Fall, Spring) Looking for interns - Human Resouce majors welcomeReal Estate
Human Resources InternStrategy Integration Group, Inc
Human Resources InternshipBookmark This
Kaufman & Canoles
150 W. Main St., Suite 2100
Posted: September 14 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOur attorneys have earned a reputation for providing outstanding legal services to clients in various practice areas. We are well established in the legal community and have an excellent reputation with the judiciary as well as other attorneys. We keep abreast of changes in the law; we are readily accessible; and we render service in a timely manner. In short, we hold ourselves to the highest standards, and we are zealous, compassionate advocates for our clients.
Kaufman & Canoles is seeking a Human Resources Intern for its downtown Norfolk location. This is a part-time, paid opportunity that requires 24 hours of work per week. The Human Resources Intern provides direct administrative support to the HR Department in day-to-day functions. Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010. Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail are required.
1. Play an active role on the Wellness Committee; generate ideas for wellness activities; and manage said activities.
2. Develop and coordinate motivational-type employee programs.
3. Participate and assist in the planning and the execution of firm events.
4. Contribute HR-related material to Kaufie Break, the firm’s online employee newsletter.
5. Provide support to the HR department during open enrollment.
6. Assist HR staff with administrative tasks such as filing, processing invoices, maintaining personnel files, and advertising open positions.
7. Help analyze and improve HR processes by conducting research and making recommendations for improvement of HR processes.
8. Support HR Director, Payroll & Benefits Manager, and HR Generalist with other assigned tasks and projects.
Requirements1. Current enrollment in an undergraduate degree program, majoring in Human Resources Management or another business-related field.
2. One year’s experience in a professional office setting preferred.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 and Internet applications.
4. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
5. Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
6. Knowledge of state and federal laws such as ADA, HIPAA, and FMLA preferred.
7. Familiarity with confidential administrative practices and office procedures.
8. Ability to maintain composure, professionalism, and a high level of confidentiality at all times.
To apply for position, please submit resume to email@example.com.