Unpaid Spring 2017 Semester Business Administration and Recruiting Internship3MP Atlanta
Human resourcesSCANA Corporation
Research InternOpen Systems Technologies
Human Resources Staff RecruiterMaple Vue Staffing
Office Support Specialist (Intern), Office of Human ResourcesAmerican Red Cross of Central Ohio
Administration / Human Resource Internship - College Credit + Valuable ExperienceMarketing Consultants of Orlando
HR Internship (Winter 2016/Spring 2017)Braathe Enterprises
Human Resources InternshipBlujai Sports
HUMAN RESOURCES INTERNSHIPBookmark This
VAIN LLC Internships
Posted: August 23 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionVAIN LLC is a premiere destination where people meet content, commerce and amazing experiences. Its mantra is “Curating Your Life by Redefining Vanity”. VAIN LLC delivers amazing moments to its ever-growing audience by combining curated content, superior commerce customization and amazing events nationwide.
The goal of an internship in human resources is to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world situations, as well as gain the skills and experience that is necessary to prepare the student for a successful career in human resources. Interns at VAIN LLC are hands-on from day one. We provide interns with the opportunity to do it all in the full scope of their future career field. Human Resources interns work with each entity under VAIN LLC. Most HR interns have the luxury of working virtually (remotely from wherever they are located) and are able to gain in the field experience by attending local entertainment events and conducting celebrity interviews.
ResponsibilitiesNew Employee/Intern Hiring:
1. Assist with recruitment strategies and events for employment.
2. Collect data and compile overall hiring report.
3. Staff Information and Orientation sessions as needed.
4. Manage VAIN LLC HR communication email accounts.
5. Networking with external resources
6. Performing Reference and background checks
7. Preparing materials for orientation
8. Conducting orientation
9. Possibly conducting interviews
10. Advertising all open job positions
11. Creating new personnel files
12. Other tasks as assigned
Employee Recognitions and Perks:
1. Manage Intern of the Week and Employee of the Month programs.
2. Create and manage employee perks program.
3. Assist with End of the Year Banquet and Staff Appreciation Days.
4. Manage staff accessories/equipment/uniform inventory.
Content Development and Research:
1. Update HR section of the staff intranet set ensuring current and relevant information.
2. Create new content for various HR initiatives.
3. Updating various databases including the grievance log, applicant flow, etc.
1. Filling and other office support for HR staff
2. Researching and collecting data for various HR initiatives.
3. Resolving problems in paperwork
4. Ensuring that procedures are performed correctly
5. Coordinate staff training
6. Complete written projects and research topics to improve organization
7. Staff Scheduling
Projects students have done in the past:
• Assist with recruiting, interviewing, and conducting orientations
• Revamp training manual
• Head a yearbook project
• Develop recruiting survey
• Make employee newsletters
Requirements• Must be currently enrolled in college; recent grads will also be considered
• Must have strong and genuine interest in working with people and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
• Strong writing, communication skills, organization and communication skills.
• Highly ambitious work ethic
• Working knowledge of social media
• Ability to work 15 - 30 hours per week
• A fully functional personal computer with access to the internet
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Working Knowledge of Google Applications (i.e Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Hangouts, etc..)
Successful candidates will have:
• Competitive nature communications and human interaction
• An interest or major/minor in human resources