Human Resources Administratorjulpar
Human resourcesGenerac Power Systems
Human Resources InternZAG Group of Companies
Human Resources Intern - FULL TIME - 40 Hours/week - Paid (NON-VIRTUAL)McKenna Motor Co., Inc.
TCD Consulting, Inc. Human Resources InternshipTCD Consulting, Inc.
Human Resources and Recruiting InternshipThe So Cal Group, Inc.
Public Relations AssistantCPG Seattle
Human Resources InternACADIA HEALTH CARE
HUMAN RESOURCES INTERNSHIPBookmark This
The Bridge Teen Center
15555 S 71st Court
Orland Park, IL
Posted: June 08 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Bridge Teen Center is an innovative grassroots nonprofit community center that was designed around the interests and needs of teens in the suburbs. We opened in Orland Park in 2010, and have served over 4,000 different teens and families from 125 Chicago Southland and Northwest Indiana communities.
Our mission is to provide free programs during after-school and unsupervised hours where students can develop mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually in a safe environment. The vision of The Bridge Teen Center is to provide teens with a place to find hope, purpose, and direction. We serve students in 7th-12th grade, and also provide ongoing programs and resources to help parents navigate through the teenage years.
GOAL OF POSITION:
Under the leadership of the Volunteer Coordinator, the intern will provide assistance with volunteer management and human resources.
ResponsibilitiesRESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
1. Assisting the Volunteer Coordinator with scheduling, training, and appreciating volunteers.
2. Building influential relationships with students and volunteers during programs.
3. Assisting with the volunteer application process.
4. Assisting in researching and maintaining a program element (i.e. community resources database, mentor program, volunteer department procedures, etc.)
5. Assisting with the monthly volunteer newsletter
6. Creating monthly designs for the “volunteer corner” bulletin boards
7. Organizing monthly volunteer outings
8. Creating new program ideas and events for the following semester.
9. Providing administrative support for day to day operations when needed.
10. Writing the volunteer newsletter every other month.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Volunteer Coordinator.
1. Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
2. Sensitivity to different opinions.
3. A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
4. Personal and professional integrity.
5. The ability to work well with individuals and groups of students.
6. Clear and creative thinking.
7. The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
8. Strong organizational skills.
9. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
10. A sense of humor.
11. Resourcefulness with materials on hand.
12. Diverse skillset for art and design with the ability to adhere to branding guidelines.
It is the desire of the Bridge Teen Center, through our internship program, for each student to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
1. Set personal goals for what he/she would like to accomplish during their internship.
2. Have regular informational meetings with staff.
3. Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
4. Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
5. Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
6. Not be afraid of asking questions.
7. Take initiative.