(Summer, Fall, Spring) Looking for interns - Human Resouce majors welcomeReal Estate
Human Resources InternStrategy Integration Group, Inc
Campus Recruiting Ambassador - Help Recruit Community Ambassadors!New Photo Sharing App
TCD Consulting, Inc. Human Resources InternshipTCD Consulting, Inc.
HR CoordinatorBeloved Streets of America
HR Talent ScoutBeloved Streets of America
Human Resources Talent ScoutPoplar Network
Recruitment and Onboarding InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 West 7th Street
Saint Paul, MN
Posted: October 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Minnesota Children's Museum
Minnesota Children’s Museum’s mission is sparking children’s learning through play. We are dedicated to providing children with a hands-on and stimulating environment to explore and discover. With locations in St. Paul, Rochester, and the Mall of America, MCM employs 65 full-time and 65 part-time employees and engages over 1,300 volunteers annually. At MCM our workplace values that guide how we work together are: Play, Include, Grow, Serve and Strive.
Minnesota Children's Museum is dedicated to growing a diverse and culturally competent team of highly engaged staff and volunteers. Applicants from diverse populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Human Resources and Human Resources Assistant with various projects related to human resources administration at Minnesota Children’s Museum.
Major Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in this internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of the Museum Human Resources staff.
• Manage the job posting process – including receiving available position descriptions, posting jobs on numerous sites, and keeping job posting information current. Develop relationships with professors and faculty at area colleges and universities. Increase diversity of outreach contacts. Potential to screen applicants and complete reference calls.
• Assemble new hire employee packets. Create and manage personnel files for new employees.
• Oversee background check completion.
• Assist HR staff with initiatives such as: create branded onboarding materials for new employees and supervisors; develop and maintain HR information wall.
• Other HR tasks as assigned
NOTE: Apply online at www.mcm.org/internships. Submit an online application, cover letter, and resume. Applications are not complete until all three materials are submitted.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Formal, post-secondary coursework related to human resources.
2. Skill in coordinating tasks and projects.
3. Ability to write well and efficiently in a business style.
4. Skill in using computers, particularly word processing.
5. Ability to work independently and effectively after being given clear direction.
6. Ability to communicate comfortably and clearly over the phone with employees, applicants, and other external parties.
7. Strong commitment to internship, including attendance and completion of responsibilities.