- Internships /
- Human Resources /
- Rock out with the Human Resources Team at the SF Playhouse this Spring!
Human Resources CoordinatorPoplar Network
Human Resources Talent ScoutPoplar Network
HR Coordinator InternshipJulie Braun Co.
HR Talent Scout InternshipJulie Braun Co.
HR Talent ScoutBeloved Streets of America
HR CoordinatorBeloved Streets of America
Human Resources InternshipPCG, Inc.
Human Resources InternTeam One Global
Rock out with the Human Resources Team at the SF Playhouse this Spring!Bookmark This
The San Francisco Playhouse
450 Post Street
San Francisco, CA
Posted: September 21 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 02/27/17 — 05/28/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOverview: SFPH Internships provide an opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of the day-to-day and long-term workings of a professional theater company. Each intern works closely with their supervisor to create learning goals at the start of the internship that include a special project within their department. Interns are treated as part of the Playhouse family which operates under the company’s values of Empathy, Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration and the ever important Yes. All interns leave the program with new connections, strong skills and real life experiences to add to their overall education.
Description: Become a member of the San Francisco Playhouse Human Resources & Administration Team! This position encompasses Human Resources, Finances and General Management as they specifically relate to the performing arts realm. Great position for students and recent graduates interested in building a career in Human Resources, Theatre Administration, Arts Administration or Nonprofit Management. This position available for full season or on an individual session basis. Do you have a detail-oriented personality with keen creative thinking skills? Do you want to learn the business side of theatre? This position is for you!
ResponsibilitiesYou Will Learn:
• Proper Accounting Procedures for Nonprofits
• Subscription and Donation Processing
• Basic Administrative Skills
• General Human Resources Practices
• The Difference between a Union and a Non-Union Actor
• How to Differentiate between Independent Contractors and Employees
• Incoming and Outgoing Mail Management
• Basic Patron Service and Vendor Relations
• Filing System Maintenance
• Calendar Management
• Volunteer Management
RequirementsWhat We Expect:
• A Strong Interest in Live Theatre
• Good Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Computer Competence (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, E-mail, etc.)
• Flexibility with Changing Priorities and Demands
• Ability to Multi-Task and Prioritize
• Ability to Collaborate, Analyze and Problem-Solve
• Evening and Weekend availability required
• Time Management Skills a Must
• A Can-Do Attitude
• Keen Attention to Detail
• Intermediate to Advanced Experience with Microsoft Excel preferred
• Ability to show discretion in dealing with confidential information
• Strong Organization Skills
Internships require 15 - 30 hours per week commitment. This includes a good amount of weekend and evening time. Interns should expect to be at SFPH at least 3-5 days each week for 4-8 hours per day. Schedules may vary week to week based on the theatre’s events.
Regardless of department, all interns are expected to be available for:
• Lobby Greeter Shifts
• Observe no less than one Table Read or Final Dress
• Opening Night Events
• Sandbox Load-In and Strike
• Rehearsal Assistance as Needed
• Other Special Events or SFPH Calendar events as they arise.