Human Resources InternReliance capital Limited
TCD Consulting, Inc. Human Resources InternshipTCD Consulting, Inc.
Maintenance and Engineering ManagerAvenue of the Americas Association Inc
Human Resources InternTNT DEALS, INC
Health Care InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
IT/Computer Systems InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Human Resources InternFeeding Children Everywhere
Human Resources InternSheWorks!
Volunteer Program InternBookmark This
Corning Museum of Glass
5 Museum Way
Posted: September 09 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Volunteer Program at The Corning Museum of Glass offers members of the community an exciting and enriching way to make a difference and get involved the community. We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities, and provide ongoing training and support. Our members represent a diverse group, with volunteers ranging in age from 13 to 93.
The Volunteer Program Intern will work closely with the Volunteer Program Supervisor and Volunteer Program Coordinator to create new training and other learning opportunities for the volunteers, and to assist with the recruitment and onboarding of new volunteers.
• Gain an understanding of volunteer supervision and recruiting, hiring, and training processes.
• Develop research and presentation skills.
• Experience planning and programming in an institution dedicated to the art, history, science and technology of glass.
• 15% Discount in The Corning Museum of Glass Shops
• 15% Discount in The Corning Museum of Glass Café
• Free admission to the museum for you and your guests
• Take advantage of opportunities for professional development, including staff trainings and interdepartmental meetings.
Responsibilities• Research, create, and implement a new training session for volunteers.
• Assist with new volunteer and intern recruitment and orientation.
• Participate in a selected committee related to human resources (i.e. safety, wellness).
• Opportunities for interviewing or shadowing current HR professionals who work with compensation and benefits.
• Evaluate and provide suggested improvements to the volunteer handbook.
• Select a research project related to your course of study.
Requirements• Interested in human resource management or nonprofit management.
• Currently enrolled in one of the following degree programs: human resources, education, business, non-profit management.
• The preferred candidate should be energetic, resourceful, and motivated. The individual must have excellent writing, research, and communication skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and a strong capacity to work independently.