Campus Recruiting Ambassador - Help Recruit Community Ambassadors!New Photo Sharing App
HR Talent ScoutOutings & Adventures
Human ResourcesA&A Marketing Group
HR Administrator/Staffing CoordinatorDSS Staffing, Inc
Human Resources Talent ScoutPoplar Network
Human Resources CoordinatorPoplar Network
Virtual Human Resources Project Management InternYOakleyPR
Volunteer Services Intake and Recruitment LeadBookmark This
American Red Cross
41 Park of Commerce Way, Suite 200
Posted: July 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Volunteer Services Intake Associate participates in the HR-like on-boarding process of prospective volunteers utilizing our online volunteer management system, conducting phone interviews for proper volunteer placement into the department of interest, and a variety of projects listed below. This team role is vital to the organization and requires excellent critical thinking skills. If you are interested, please contact Chelsea Hall at 912-651-5321 or email@example.com
Responsibilities• Become familiar with all American Red Cross Human Resources policies and procedures and computer programs related to the Volunteer Services team role
• Utilize internal and external web-based programs as they relate to the job duties
• Help assure a seamless recruitment and on-boarding process
• Be comfortable making calls to schedule and conduct phone interviews to help determine the best fit for the prospective volunteer and the organization.
• Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, comparing qualifications to job requirements, and discussing qualifications with prospect to choose best fit.
• Document your work in the volunteer management system.
• Perform a wide range of administrative clerical duties
• Represent the American Red Cross professionally at all times
• Prioritize tasks to meet strict deadlines
• Attend meetings and prepare materials for departmental meetings
• Handle confidential information with discretion
• Gain an understanding of responsibilities resulting in ability to train replacement
• Participate in project work such as: conducting needs assessments, researching community resources, colleges, and other organizations in order to provide organization information and opportunities, update job descriptions, develop and utilize recruitment strategies, job advertisements and flyers to attract applicants, attend recruitment fairs, update procedures manual and assure changes are communicated.
Requirements> 20 hours a week between the hours of 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Subject to change based on internship requirements to be determined by Volunteer Services Manager.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and basic internet skills required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Not afraid to call prospects.
• Ability to work quickly and independently and to take initiative within established parameters
• Ability to work with paid and volunteer staff in a busy, non-profit service delivery setting
• Ability to multi-task
• Good interpersonal skills, including initiative and ability to work well independently, while collaborating with the team.
• Hold a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation
• Pass a national background check
• Previous administrative experience preferred, but not required
• Previous volunteer experience preferred, but not required
• Highly motivated student in Human Resource, Non-profit management, or related field
• 3.0 Overall GPA
SkillsRequired - Human Resources, Solid computer skills, Microsoft Office Applications, Written & Verbal Communication Abilities
Preferred - Administrative Functions