Industrial Maintenance MechanicYanmar
Industrial Engineer needed!New Look Finishes
Business Development / Sales InternRio Rubber Track, Inc.
Industrial Design Internship - Home Goods & Pet industriesMajestic Pet Products, Inc.
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Keisha Sweat Consulting
Industrial Design/CAD InternshipCreative Technology Industries
Manufacturing Engineer InternshipBookmark This
Proto Labs, Inc.
2600 Niagara Lane N
Posted: September 19 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you looking for the opportunity to gain real world experience while working with an innovative and industry leading organization? Do you enjoy solving problems? Are you jazzed by research and understanding the root cause of issues? As a Proto Labs Manufacturing Engineer intern, you will be working on business critical initiatives that build your technical knowledge and leadership capabilities. While working alongside seasoned developers and customer service engineers, you’ll gain invaluable on-the-job experience, career development and leadership opportunities while experiencing our team oriented, fun and engaging culture.
Your Purpose at Proto Labs
The Manufacturing Engineer Intern will work alongside our employees to define, troubleshoot and improve processes and equipment related to injection molding and CNC machining while improving operating efficiencies and increasing the company’s quality capabilities.
Who We Are:
Proto Labs is the world's fastest manufacturer of custom prototype and low-volume parts. We revolutionized our industry by developing proprietary computing technologies and automated manufacturing processes that enable us to create "Real Parts, Really Fast." We are leading the charge in the digital manufacturing realm, which makes us an exciting place to work. Our company hires designers, engineers, developers, creative thinkers and smart people who tackle their roles with an entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves on our innovative technology & laid back culture that focuses on doing meaningful work that brings transformational products to market.
What We Have:
• An amazing team, personally and professionally, who tackles complex problems and delivers awesome results
• An open, casual environment that gives you a lot of freedom combined with a lot of responsibility
• A culture that embraces change, speed and getting things done while balancing your personal freedom
Proto Labs, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Tasks and Projects at Hand:
• Assist in root cause analysis and justification for projects
• Research subjects in the areas of tooling and fixturing
• Provide production support including day-to-day problem solving
• In a team environment evaluate and improve process flow in Proto Labs' business units
• Make suggestions to identify and leverage design opportunities that provide a distinct manufacturing advantage in our markets
• Support the conversion of small-scale processes to commercially viable large-scale operations
RequirementsWho we’re looking for:
• A Sophomore or Junior college student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
• An individual with the basic knowledge of machining and/or injection molding
• Possesses knowledge concerning cutting tools and parameters in regard to various materials (e.g., soft and hard metals, plastics)
• Someone comfortable contributing to solving immediate issues
• A person who has successfully performed within a project framework including defined deliverables and time frames
• Understands the fundamental science and engineering principles relevant to materials
• An analytical and problem solving mindset
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
• A great verbal and written communicator: able to communicate complex technical information to all levels of the organization