2013 San Diego Banking Internships
Are you interested in becoming a banker in San Diego? A banking internship is the perfect way to gain relevant experience required to break into the profession. Your internship experience can expose you to investment and commercial banking, corporate finance, private equity, underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, raising capital and much more.
Many students are interested in banking because the high likelihood of a paid internship and the opportunity to intern in large financial districts in major cities. It’s certainly true that not all banking internships are in New York, but any experience will help you create connections and grow your professional network. In addition, an internship or summer job is often a requirement before receiving a full-time offer, and many interns leverage their experience to land entry level jobs with the companies they interned for.
Banking offers a wide variety of potential careers, and interning with a bank provides students with real-world experience that helps shape their future career. Are you ready to get started? Search for banking internship opportunities below.
Digital Marketing & Social Media Internship
Business Management / Marketing
Business Management / Marketing Internship
Internship (Finance and Economics) - Chula Vista, CA Job
Scottrade, Inc. has a Branch Intern position available in Chula Vista, CA. The main purpose of this position is to assist branches with daily operations while gaining valuable work experience in the brokerage industry.
* Listen to and shadow brokers in the office to see how they conduct business with clients.
* Act as a representative of Scottrade to clients that come directly to the branch for assistance.
* Become familiar with different departments and their functions.
* Provide technical support for clients accessing Scottrade's trading platforms.
* Utilize quote system to communicate information regarding stocks to clients.
* Process stock certificates and deposits, prepare paperwork for overnight delivery to Saint Louis, and process branch mail.
* Understand and be able to communicate different types of client accounts.
* Navigate through the internal systems and become familiar with their uses.
* Complete internal training program through Scottrade University.
* Participate in team building activities within the branch.
* Become proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to work an average of 15-30 hours per week and no more than 8 hours per day.
* Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
Education and Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and attend classes at a local University with interests in business and the stock market.
* Have completed 50-70 hours of required coursework and have a balance of no fewer than 48 hours remaining towards their Bachelors Degree (1-2 years of college remaining).
* Performing within the colleges acceptable GPA level.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.
Languages English Spoken, English Written
Location CA - Chula Vista