Social Media Marketing Internship - Learn how social really works. - - This could change your life!Bookmark This
Description0to60 Marketing is looking for interns (we prefer to think of you as “Apprentices”) who want to learn the ins and outs of running a successful internet marketing company.
Do you want to learn how to run a successful online company? Have you ever wondered how businesses make their money from online? Does being self-employed something that you inspire to do in the future?
Would you like to learn the business of social media with a team of incredibly talented professionals?
If you said “yes!” to these questions in your head as you read them, then please apply for this internship. We need a social media intern who is looking to learn and become an expert in social media marketing.
ResponsibilitiesAll Apprentice applicants MUST…
• LOVE being on the internet and interacting with people.
• Be an excellent writer (you can communicate ideas in a simple, clear, human-sounding way)
• Be super tech-savvy and able to pick up any new online tool right away
• Reside in North America.
• Report in 10-20 hours per week during normal business hours.
• Have a super friendly, can-do attitude!
• Demonstrable proficiency with social media.
• Excellent attention to detail, copyediting, and writing skills, and the ability to generate polished, publishable copy quickly.
• Familiarity with Excel (including pivot tables) performance reporting
• Available to work from our office in Houston.
• Experience publishing on behalf of a brand or company via social media
• Possess a flair for relationship and community-building in online forums
• Awareness of and interest in social media analytics and reporting
• A working knowledge of WordPress, including basic HTML and how to optimize images in blog posts
Your application will ONLY be considered if you do the following:
In your email, please include links to your publicly-available social profiles and answers to these 3 questions:
1. Tell us about your worst day so far in social media. What happened? How did you handle it?
2. What’s your current favorite social media platform, and what’s the social media platform you most recently signed up for? Why?
3. In 140 characters or less: Why should 0to60 choose you as our social media intern?
Applicants that meet the initial requirements will be contacted for a short phone interview. Successful phone interview candidates will be asked to come into the office for an interview and may be asked to complete a sample assignment as part of the final selection process. (Unpaid internship but an opportunity to learn a lot)
RequirementsDuties and responsibilities:
• Brainstorm, develop, and write daily social updates to support Raven Tools marketing efforts on platforms including: Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram & Tumblr.
• Support marketing efforts with your research and problem-solving skills, and a willingness to dive in on the occasional “grunt work” project (not many, we promise).
• Track the success of social campaigns by using analytical tools like Google Analytics, MOZ, and Raven Tools.