Website Builder and DesignerBookmark This
Worldwide Solutions & Technologies, Inc.
Posted: 571 days ago
DescriptionWorldwide Solutions & Technologies, Inc. is rapidly growing corporation servicing Fortune 500 corporations as well as mid-sized and boutique firms. An internship working with this firm is a unique opportunity to exhibit your talents and skills. You will immediately see the results of your work, nationwide and internationally.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP WHICH MEANS THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO COME INTO THE OFFICE. ALL OF YOUR WORK WILL BE SUBMITTED ONLINE, SO YOU CAN WORK FROM YOUR HOME SITE, VIRTUAL OFFICE, OR ANY REMOTE LOCATION. YOU MUST HAVE ACCESS TO A COMPUTER AND INTERNET.
We are looking for an intern interested in learning to design content for the Internet. The intern will conceptualize, design, and create mock-ups for specific client requests from small enhancements to entirely new website designs. The intern will collaborate with the online marketing team to design functional and usable designs. The intern will be able to read and write project requirements, detailed design documents, wireframes and other project requirement documents.
Ideal candidates will gain valuable experience with the web application development process while enjoying highly flexible hours and working remotely from your own virtual work location or home office. You’ll benefit from the guidance of a world-class business team and develop a portfolio of polished work.
The internship is unpaid, but offers an extensive amount of hands-on involvement and knowledge that can be taken from this experience. An internship in the digital design field is a great way to get a jumpstart on your career and gain tangible work credentials. Your experience at Worldwide Solutions & Technologies, Inc. will enhance your resume as well as provide a platform for launching a successful career in computer and web design.
- College credit is available upon school approval.
- The intern will have priority consideration upon the opening of a paid position within the firm.
Additional information about our firm can be found on our Websites:
Responsibilities- Assisting in and implementing key web projects
- Implementing testing of web assets
- Assisting in the firm’s website maintenance, editing and redesign
- Compiling reports on web stats and analytics and presenting suggestions for
- Developing analytics reports and optimizing our key media distribution channels
(Blogs, web, facebook, twitter, etc.)
- Review and evaluate existing website designs and look for ways to improve them
- Take project requirements and create new website design templates and website elements
- Code basic HTML
- Limited copywriting and editing of website content for SEO optimization
- File Management including naming conventions, folder organization and file migrations
- Learn website hosting concepts and multi-server development environments
- Create new and edit existing CSS files to achieve web page design goals
- Work with in-house Graphics Artist to design web advertisements, banner ads, and corporate identities to match look and feel of brands
- Potential to work with some Flash and video elements
- Learn project and task management processes
Requirements- Design, Digital Design, Interactive Design, Fine Art, Computer Science or related major
- Strong passion for digital art and graphic design
- Desire to learn about e-commerce industry and internet marketing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Must be knowledgeable with using various templates and programming in a text editor
- Experience with any of the following helpful: market research/consumer insights
work, analysis of clickstream data, Google Analytics experience
- ActionScript, XML, video and CRM/marketing platforms (email, social, etc.)
- Should have a basic understanding of design (ie: working knowledge of Photoshop,
Illustrator, and Firework)
- Must be proficient with user interface development and design
- Experience with common development languages a plus, but not required