eCommerce InternBookmark This
365 Rt 10
East Hanover, NJ
Description1800Lighting.com is the eCommerce arm of Capitol Lighting, a premium retailer of residential lighting and decor products with stores in NJ and FL. Capitol is a 4th generation family company that started in 1924 and the eCommerce Division is the fastest growing part of the company, selling more than $10M annually.
Our internship position was created to identify and develop new eCommerce talent in our area. As we continue to grow, the intent is to also create employment opportunities for the top performing interns.
The internship experience will include but is not limited to immersion in the core aspects of our eCommerce operations:
1. Analytics - introduction to Google Analytics, key performance indicators for the site and what they mean
2. Sales & Customer Experience - working in our Contact Center
2.1 contact center basics: call/chat/email channels
2.2 customer relationship managment (CRM) - responding to customer issues
2.3 sales and service basics - call & chat components
3. eMerchandising - product data normalization and reporting
4. SEO basics: keywords, content creation, blogger outreach and link building
5. Email marketing
6. Platform development - User Experience (UX), A/B testing and making the site better
Where? Our office is located at 365 Route 10 in East Hanover, NJ
When? The PAID internship position runs for 3 months and is designed to fit within a school's semester (Fall, winter, Spring and Summer)
When - Hours? 12hrs/wk
What? $10/hr for a keen interest and high energy level
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will rotate through the core areas, approximately 2 weeks in each, as well as have specific tasks.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
1. Weekly analytics reporting
2. Weekly sales reporting
3. Blogger outreach (SEO)
4. UX testing
RequirementsDoes NOT need to be a current student.
Must know how to use Microsoft Excel at a basic level - we will test you!
Must demonstrate a strong interest in eCommerce. Details will be requested.