Learn Online & Offline Marketing & PR-Learn, How To Make Internet Profits & Sell Internet ServicesBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Web Development Internship (Virtual)New York Minute Magazine
IOS and Android App DeveloperFootwearUS
Software EngineerQdinka Inc.
Web DevelopmentQdinka Inc.
Ecommerce UI/UX Associate / InternSportique
Ecommerce Marketing Associate / InternSportique
IT/Computer Systems InternProjectXlife a Non Profit
Left Forum Website & Database InternshipBookmark This
CUNY Graduate Center, 365 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY
Posted: August 16 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLeft Forum seeks to fill Website and Database internship positions.
We're a small organization with a dedicated group of organizers, staff, and volunteers, leaving lots of room for your creativity. You'll have the opportunity to work in an interesting (and relaxed) office in the CUNY Graduate Center in Midtown Manhattan where you'll be able to interact with scholars, graduate students and people who are involved with grassroots social justice movements.
Responsibilities• Web operations (Drupal): including website configuration, displays (views), reports/exports, and content production
• Work and liaison with web and database developers
• Database operations (CiviCRM): including configuration, communications, event operations, contact record management, importing, and group communications
• Work with Conference Coordinator to maintain databases and develop website
• Assist with migration and integration of data and media from various sources
• Assist in researching and applying potential web applications (e.g., using open source software) for online conference production, e.g., registration, user accounts, reports, PayPal integration
• Ad hoc technical and database-focused projects
Requirements• Familiarity with databases (Access, CiviCRM) and Drupal is a plus
• Experience with open source applications a bonus
• Strong organizing skills
• High level of attention to detail and ability to work from abstract to concrete applications
• Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
• Familiarity with grassroots organizing and social justice