Intern for Tech StartupSparc
Can you build and grow a social network? 90-day intern then full-time employment for right person.Solomon Ventures and Consulting, LLC
Social Media BloggeriCreate Radio / DVMG Productions
Lrngo.com - Community Manager & Social Media InternshipsLRNGO, INC.
SEO Specialists WantedNGSC Sports LLC
(PAID) Marketing/BD/Office Intern for Online MarketplaceEventum Inc.
Blogger - SalesSwarmSales, Inc.
Inside Sales RepresentativeSwarmSales, Inc.
Social Media InternshipBookmark This
Posted: June 17 2015
Company Location: Arlington, VA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are looking for interns to assist with our social media marketing efforts. We are a very small business looking to use social media to expand our exposure and services. You can work from home and regular conference calls will be required. You will be part of a team of that will make social media a productive part of our overall marketing efforts. This internship is an unpaid position.
Interns are expected to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level (use on a business level preferred). You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy, not just “selling” to our customers, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them. Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once ample information is provided to you), and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will be performing the following tasks:
• Update and improve upon profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, GooglePlus, etc.)
• Develop content calendar and ideas to improve upon social media strategy
• Research impactful articles and videos for posting
• Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
• Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) & experience building followers/friends/likes
• Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
• Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
• Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
• Replying to comments, messages, etc.
• Report findings to the team
• Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
• Ability create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus
• Basic knowledge about workforce diversity a plus
• Knowledge of the domestic and international issues facing the diversity community is also a plus
RequirementsSkills and attributes interns are expected to have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
• Be creative with an eye for design
• Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
• Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
• Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
• Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
• Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
• Experience proofreading and editing
• Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
• Excellent project management skills. Ability to set priorities, manage multiple competing projects on deadline, organize time, and identify resources.
• Eligible to work in the United States.
SkillsRequired - Social Media Communications, Social Media Blogging, Social Media Education
Preferred - Diversity & Inclusion