2013 Internships By Company
The best way to bridge the gap between finishing college and getting a job is to experience an internship. Internships give you on-the-job experience, help you learn whether you and that industry are a good match, and can provide you with valuable connections and references. Whether you want a semester-long or summer internship, there are jobs for interns available throughout the year. Start your search at Internships.com, where you’ll find internship opportunities in many different companies, beginning with the list below.
CIB Tech - Cleared Derivatives Technology - Entry Level Analyst Trainee
Acquire a detailed knowledge of GMI, a SunGard post-trade processing application used at JP Morgan to process Futures Options and Cleared OTC products globally. Specific areas of concentration will be general ledger processing, collateral processing, margins settlements, the batch cycle, fees commissions, interest, trade loads, and implementing SunGard application enhancements across all functional areas of the system.
Work with the project leads to analyze requirements and produce technical specifications for build teams.
It is expected that some element of level 3 support may be involved, particularly around your own implementations and areas of specialisms.
Work with the development team to ensure that they understand the specifications.
Conduct business process modeling and generate applicable scenarios testing.
Document system scenarios and identify roles impacted to help develop change management and training plans.
Project Analyst Intern
- MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Access and Visio). Expert experience in this area is a must to be considered for this position.
- Responsible for understanding and documenting existing internal processes (diagrams and process flows) within CCIT
- Responsible for identifying new process improvement strategies that streamline processes and create efficiencies within organizational structure.
- Responsible for generating data used for building metrics to measure the success/usage of the organizational processes and procedures.
- Responsible for assisting with Program reporting and creating presentation material for senior business and technology objectives
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is punctual, dependable and adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills are required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret organizational efficiency needs and translate them into organization operations processes and procedures.
Investments & Wealth Advisory Marketing Intern - J.P. Morgan Private Bank
- Develop an understanding of the business and sales needs
- Lead the day-to-day management of online and technology enhancements as they relate to marketing, for example the client site, the public website, Events in CRM, pitchbooks and other projects as they arise
- Assist with refining and promoting Private Banking programs for the front office and clients
- Support the launch of intellectual content and ad-hoc distribution projects
- Input data to assist with day-to-day budget management and event tracking
- Collect, collate and analyze information to build presentations and spreadsheets both describing and quantifying the group's impact
- Complete ad-hoc analyses for the Head of Global Marketing and her direct reports and colleagues
- Focus on providing information and analysis to support decision-making
- Monitor upcoming calendar items; coordinate the receipt of required supporting materials, as well as action items following specific meetings
CIB - High School Intern Program - Dallas
CIB - High School Intern Program - Dallas
GFCC Strategy & Process Improvement Intern
- Work across Corporate and LOB AML Compliance and Compliance Ops areas to identify synergies
- Drive performance improvement through improved end-to-end process design and management
- Ensure that the organization is structured optimally to deliver efficient and effective solutions to business partners and customers
- Drive productivity improvements and reduce non-value adding expense
- Promote more effective use of existing tools and processes (and eliminate those that are not used or are ineffectual)
- Identify and support the development of new capabilities
- Identify / develop metrics to best manage the organization
- End-to-end delivery of workstream(s) as part of major change programs and process improvement consulting projects across JP Morgan Chase support functions
- Conduct interviews with key contacts across the organization to gather baseline information
- Gather, model and analyze data to test hypothesis and size opportunities
- Work closely with senior management to develop and refine recommended solutions to address issues and capture opportunities
- Compile presentations to summarize findings/recommendations and take part in syndication process to senior management
- Partner with stakeholders to create and launch tactical implementation plans
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal clients and colleagues
- Actively involved in recruiting for rotational programs across the firm and help bring in junior talent
Crescent Electric Supply Company (CESCO) was founded in 1919. Today, it is one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States with over 130 locations in 27 states, under the brands of Crescent Electric Supply, Stoneway Electric Supply in the Pacific Northwest, and BA Electric Supply in Missouri. Crescent Electric supplies electrical and datacomm products from over 1000 manufactures to electrical contractors for construction, industrial MRO and OEM accounts, and commercial facilities. Our success stems from long-term, organic growth as a result of total customer satisfaction, teamwork, and an overall commitment to being the leading distributor of quality products through our value-added services.Responsibilities:
Work within the audit department to facilitate vendor payments by corporate purchase card; reconcile corporate purchase credit card purchases/payments; reconcile fleet cards; assist in month end and year end reconciliations of various general ledger accounts; prepare audit work papers; and tax work papers.
- Pay credit card invoices.
- Monitor Purchase Card outstanding payment authorizations.
- Function as a liaison between branch personnel and vendors for credit card payments.
- Assist employees with Fleet Card issues.
- Assist with monthly Purchase Card reconciliation.
- Provide vendor support with technical issues as it relates to Purchase Card payment collection.
- Assist with monthly general ledger reconciliation of various accounts.
- Work with the Marketing Department to pay invoices for co-op events.
- Assist with Tax documentation and work papers.
- Assist with eBay reconciliation once per week.
- Must be of sophomore or higher level standing in college/university.
- Individual must possess strong, comprehensive PC skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines.
- Must possess interpersonal and organizational skills, be a self starter, be detail oriented, and have the ability to communicate (verbal and written).
This is a part-time position, therefore is not eligible for benefits.CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Candidates are subject to reference checks, criminal background checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. Women, minorities, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Position Overview The SCA Americas Finance business is currently searching for a Finance Intern ; this position will be located inour Philadelphia offices. The Finance Intern will support the financial analysis and reporting, including performance tracking, planning, budgeting and forecasting for the Americas Business Unit. This position focuses on the financial and overall performance of the Americas Business Unit, and works in close collaboration with other members of Americas Finance organization to help ensure that performance results, budgets, forecasts, and outlooks are accurately and effectively presented and explained.
This internship is expected to run from June through September, but it could be extended up to 6 months.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Uphold SCA's core values in every day actions: Respect, Excellence, and Responsibility
- Support the Americas with timely, complete accurate financial performance reporting, including operating plan variance analysis
- Support in the development of presentations including financial plans, projects and initiatives
- Analyze complex financial/business information to provide accurate and timely recommendations to management for decision making purposes Insightful analysis of key financial performance trends and operating ratios
- Collaborate closely with Americas Finance organization
- Maintain various financial information and reporting systems
- Undertake special ad hoc projects on an on-going basis
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 2 years of financial related experience
- Experience with financial information and reporting systems
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills
- Capacity to analyze complex financial information and understand deviation
- Good understanding of fast-moving consumer goods industry and B2B
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- TRAVEL: Minimal travel required (approximately 10%)
SCA at a glance
SCA is a leading global hygiene and forest products company. The Group develops and produces sustainable personal care, tissue and forest products. Sales are conducted in about 100 countries under many strong brands, including the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and regional brands, such as Lotus, Libresse, Tempo and Libero. As Europe's largest private forest owner, SCA places considerable emphasis on sustainable forest management. The Group has about 36,000 employees and sales in 2012 amounted to SEK 85bn (EUR 9.8bn). SCA was founded in 1929, has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. For more information, visit www.sca.com
Controls Technician Intern, Building Automation/Temperature Controls
The Technician Intern will support LONG Building Automation/Temperature Controls customers by supporting, LONG Technicians and/or Engineering Technicians. This position will utilize current education and gain experience in software programming and set-up, installation, warranty, emergency, and maintenance service on installed systems.
Programs databases for all supported systems to meet specified sequences of operation and equipment manufacturers recommendations in accordance with LONG standards and contract documents.
Software integration to multiple types of systems and protocols, including BacNet, LON, Modbus, and PLCs.
Support of Iconics and Tridium graphical user interfaces, including all required graphics, trends, reports, alarming, and scheduling in accordance with LONG graphics standards ad contract documents.
Knowledge of engineering and designing project control drawings and documentation using Autocad and other software packages.
Develops and implements procedures for quality assurance of completed work.
Assist Lead Techs in signed, completed checkout documentation to project manager on a daily/weekly basis for inclusion in the project manual and upon project completion advised project managers on job closeout forms and warranty dates.
Helps communicates regularly and efficiently with Lead Techs, project managers and management regarding job concerns, technical matters, etc.
Other duties as assigned.
Working towards a Bachelor of Science degree in computers, software programming or HVAC related field of study, -OR- 2-year technical degree.
Some working knowledge of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, control systems, building automation, electrical systems, energy management, fire alarm and smoke removal systems, engineering, installation and construction procedures.
Preferred some programming skill with Schneider Electric LON products, KMC Bacnet, Tridium, Iconics, PLCs, and other equivalent systems.
Possible ability to design and prepare control system installation drawings utilizing Autocad software.
Strong analytical skills in solving software and integration challenges.
Ability to interpret mechanical plans and specifications.
Ability to interact with all levels of personnel to include department managers, project managers, engineers, sales, and controls technicians.
Strong customer service and analytical skills.
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
HMIs, PLCs, SQLs, Autocad, Visio, and Microsoft Project skills are desirable.
LONG Building Technologies, Inc. is an AA/EEO employer.