2013 Internships By Company
The best way to bridge the gap between finishing college and getting a job is to experience an internship. Internships give you on-the-job experience, help you learn whether you and that industry are a good match, and can provide you with valuable connections and references. Whether you want a semester-long or summer internship, there are jobs for interns available throughout the year. Start your search at Internships.com, where you’ll find internship opportunities in many different companies, beginning with the list below.
Position Overview The SCA Americas Finance business is currently searching for a Finance Intern ; this position will be located inour Philadelphia offices. The Finance Intern will support the financial analysis and reporting, including performance tracking, planning, budgeting and forecasting for the Americas Business Unit. This position focuses on the financial and overall performance of the Americas Business Unit, and works in close collaboration with other members of Americas Finance organization to help ensure that performance results, budgets, forecasts, and outlooks are accurately and effectively presented and explained.
This internship is expected to run from June through September, but it could be extended up to 6 months.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Uphold SCA's core values in every day actions: Respect, Excellence, and Responsibility
- Support the Americas with timely, complete accurate financial performance reporting, including operating plan variance analysis
- Support in the development of presentations including financial plans, projects and initiatives
- Analyze complex financial/business information to provide accurate and timely recommendations to management for decision making purposes Insightful analysis of key financial performance trends and operating ratios
- Collaborate closely with Americas Finance organization
- Maintain various financial information and reporting systems
- Undertake special ad hoc projects on an on-going basis
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 2 years of financial related experience
- Experience with financial information and reporting systems
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills
- Capacity to analyze complex financial information and understand deviation
- Good understanding of fast-moving consumer goods industry and B2B
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- TRAVEL: Minimal travel required (approximately 10%)
SCA at a glance
SCA is a leading global hygiene and forest products company. The Group develops and produces sustainable personal care, tissue and forest products. Sales are conducted in about 100 countries under many strong brands, including the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and regional brands, such as Lotus, Libresse, Tempo and Libero. As Europe's largest private forest owner, SCA places considerable emphasis on sustainable forest management. The Group has about 36,000 employees and sales in 2012 amounted to SEK 85bn (EUR 9.8bn). SCA was founded in 1929, has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. For more information, visit www.sca.com
MBA Intern: Strategic Marketing
MBA Intern: Strategic Marketing
MBA Intern: Commercial Capabilities & Innovation
MBA Intern: Commercial Capabilities Innovation
STUDENT INTERN II - TRAFFIC CONTROL
ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Part Time - 24hrs./Week
The Student Intern II (Traffic Control Officer) , for Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) provides enforcement and assistance to the traveling public by ensuring that enplaning (departure) and deplaning (arrival) traffic lanes are safe, free-flowing, and devoid of obstructions and delays. This classification will ensure that stated objectives are enforced in the deplaning (arrival) curb zones for all privately-owned vehicle operators. The same objectives are applicable to commercial transportation providers and privately-owned vehicles in the enplaning (departure) curb zones. Traffic Control Officer may issue tickets and citations to violators of City of Houston Ordinance relating to stopping, standing, or parking infractions only. Interaction with vehicle operators and customers involve routine information exchange, and/or simple service activity requiring common courtesy; e.g., answering questions, giving directions in response to simple requests. Assignment anticipated for six (6) months.
Performing these duties will involve: operating city vehicles; walking and standing for extended periods; making visual observations and differentiating details; applying specialized information; attending to details amid distractions; dealing with people in tense situations; speaking and writing effectively; being outside during inclement weather; using two-way radios and lifting up to forty (40) pounds; and reacting quickly with dexterity and coordination. Must be willing and available to work all shifts, including rotation, weekends and holidays. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearances.
College students pursing a degree in Aviation Management or Airway Science.
Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION/SKILLS TEST REQUIRED
The selection process will involve: application review; work sample exercise, and/or interview.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION Yes
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
For application status inquiries or special accommodations, please call 281-233-1045.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Intern - Allstate Research & Planning Center
Responsibilities/Key Activities:This internship is ideal for the person who wants to understand and be involved with all stages of developing a new product or service. You will assist the team with projects at various stages of product development, from early-stage needfinding to late-stage user testing and data analysis. Depending on the timing of the internship, you may participate in: needfinding research (ethnographic, interviews, secondary); the iterative steps of brainstorming and obtaining user feedback; and/or the management of large-scale product testing and feedback. Responsibilities may include: arranging and assisting in discussion groups; brainstorming new concepts or improving on existing ones; coordinating product distribution to test users; and/or analyzing data from user testing. Through it all, you must be an avid observer and note-taker as well as a meticulous and thorough project manager, capable of working with a team to glean insights and customer needs from our research whether qualitative or quantitative in nature. By the end of your internship, you should have assisted in developing a potential new product or service idea (or two).
Qualifications Skills/Experience :
- Graduate-level student with a concentration in Product Design, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Sociocultural Anthropology, Psychology, or the like.
- Previous work experience.
- Work or academic experience that demonstrates familiarity with ethnographic research or needfinding.
- Work or academic experience that demonstrates familiarity with handling data.
- Meticulous attention to detail in execution of a large project.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Team player but able to work independently with minimum direction
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ethnographic research and needfinding experience are a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Allstate does not sponsor individuals who are not already authorized to work in the United States .
Intern - Litigation Services - Denver
A candidates participation in Mock Trial and/or a Trial Practice course will also be considered.and lasts approximately ten to twelve weeks. Areas of focus and exposure will be Third Party Auto Liability Litigation and Premises Liability.
A candidates participation in Mock Trial and/or a Trial Practice course will also be considered.Housing is not provided and travel costs are the responsibility of the candidate.
Qualifications -Ideal candidates should have outstanding research and writing skills along with effective oral communication skills. -Second year law students with high energy and self-starters who enjoy working in a collegial team oriented environment. -A resume, transcript and writing sample are required -Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, online legal research - Westlaw, Lexis -Ability to work well with others on a team of attorneys, paralegals, administrative assistants, supervised by an attorney Lead Counsel
Strategic Projects Co-op
Job Summary: Perform analysis, create process documentation, and develop process flow charts on current processes. Make recommendations using established methodology. Perform cost/benefit analysis and track use of planned and actual resources. Determine approach and develop/support desktop solutions when necessary.
Job Description: Plan and track progress of assigned projects. Prepare project related documentation including project charter and cost/benefit analysis. Determine essential process requirements from business and regulatory requirements. Make process improvement recommendations including presentations to department and staff level management. If solution requires technology, will work with either the IT organization in development and implementation of an IT project, or will develop the solution with desktop software. Provide support for existing desktop solutions and offer technical assistance to assist F&A meet changing business requirements.
Required Skills: Strong overall accounting background with good understanding of accounting principles. Must actively be pursuing an Accounting, Finance, or Economics degree with at least 2 years completed.
Internal Candidates Only: Must complete skills assessments on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Word to determine knowledge level before the close date and time.
External Candidates will be contacted to complete skills assessments on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Word prior to interview.
Additional Skills: Prefer candidate with good overall knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
Interpersonal Skills: Team player with a positive attitude. Strong communication skills (both written and oral). Ability to handle stress, good planner/organizer. Self starter able to work with minimal direct supervision.
Skills Assessments Required: Must complete skills assessments on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Word to determine knowledge level before the close date and time.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
Resume is required with Employee ID, Manager's name and HR Rep's name.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Sponsorships and Events Intern will provide support on various projects to the full-time Sponsorships and Events Team. He/She will assist in the development of project plans and documentation for Live Nation and Sustainability platforms.
The Intern will provide support for corporate hospitality initiatives, including some onsite event management duties and various college and local sponsorship initiatives.
- Review and route legal documents and branded items through proper internal channels
- Work with vendors to process orders for Sponsorship & Events functions
- Process the accounting invoices from vendors
- Assist with various department reports
- Provide support to the UPS Entertainment Logistics sales team
- Interact with internal stakeholders: UPS Foundations, Advertising, Public Relations, Social Media, Employee Communications
- Must have exceptional oral, written and interactive communication skills
- Skilled in effective research tactics and good organizational skills
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to internal and external customers
- Experience with Microsoft Office to include Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Able to work 20-35 hours per week
UPS Safety / Employee Communications Intern
UPS in the New York metropolitan area is seeking a college junior to participate in a 6-12 month internship. The internship will focus on employee communications emphasizing employee safety. Candidates studying Employee Communications, Organizational Communications, Business Communications, Mass Communications, Marketing Communications, or Journalism, are preferred.
The communications internship is intended to expose the intern to the challenges of communicating to a manual and mobile workforce. The intern will have frontline experience working with UPS employees to develop communication strategies and collateral. The internship will focus on promoting safe behaviors in UPS operations. The intern will work closely with the local Safety managers and the Employee Communications manager.
The internship will require a blend of working in an office environment with visits to frontline UPS operations. Meeting and interviewing UPS employees is a key activity in developing communications materials. In addition, the intern will learn elements of employee communications theory and practice, and see firsthand how communications tactics are designed, applied, and measured.
The internship will require some travel to UPS operations locations in the New York City area.
At the end of the internship, the candidate will have produced a portfolio of written and visual collateral. Additionally, the intern will have gained valuable experience developing and implementing effective communications strategies.
Business casual attire is required.
The internship will run from 7 a.m. until 12 noon. Monday through Friday. Some flexibility exists to accommodate the interns class schedule. However, most of the experience will require early-morning hours in order to observe the appropriate activities and gather necessary information.
- Excellent written communications skills. Writing is a primary requirement for this internship. Interns will write copy for online articles, visual communications materials and strategy documents as part of their assignment.
- Strong verbal skills are preferred. The internship is intended to facilitate interaction with frontline employees and UPS management. Oral communications skills are a key component.
- Graphic design, desktop publishing, and digital image editing skills preferred.
- Creative thinking. The intern will be challenged to develop solutions to an array of business communications challenges.
- Knowledge of the Windows PC environment is required.
- Basic photography skills required.
Writing samples are required. Examples of visual communications collateral are encouraged.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer.
Plant Engineering COOP/Intern
The Plant Engineering (PE) Co-op will assist in the administration of service contracts for the protection of UPS assets, facilities, equipment and grounds. He/She will assist with maintaining facility environmental compliance, conveyor, housekeeping and facility safety. The PE co-op will provide small project support in developing AutoCAD layouts and maintaining as built AutoCAD files for Project work. PE co-op will also support Facility Engineers in assembling bid packages and scope of work for small projects and develop and maintain a Project Tracking Tool for Facility Engineering staff.
Supports Facility Maintenance and Housekeeping Operations
- Assists with contract administration with vendors to protect physical assets, facility and equipment maintenance, and facility housekeeping to ensure a safe, clean, and efficient facility.
- Establish/update Contract administration data base and provides reporting to PE staff on contract compliance.
Assists with Maintaining Compliance
- Participates in Facility Asset Protection environmental audits (e.g., Damaged Materials Program/Environmental Facility Audits) to maintain asset integrity.
Administration Support on Small PE Projects
- Provide support on cost estimate and alternatives, schedule, drawings, vendor list, and feasibility study to District Real Estate and Facilities Committee (REFCO) for project approval.
- Help assemble bid documents and project manuals and sends bid package to approved contractors to obtain project estimates.
- Develop and assemble weekly Project Status Report for local Facility Engineering staff.
Manages Project Documents and Fund Allocations
- Manages conceptual CAD drawings, as built drawings, emergency evacuation plans and data for projects and to maintain records for future project plans and for legal purposes.