2013 Internships By Company
The best way to bridge the gap between finishing college and getting a job is to experience an internship. Internships give you on-the-job experience, help you learn whether you and that industry are a good match, and can provide you with valuable connections and references. Whether you want a semester-long or summer internship, there are jobs for interns available throughout the year. Start your search at Internships.com, where you’ll find internship opportunities in many different companies, beginning with the list below.
Position Overview The SCA Americas Finance business is currently searching for a Finance Intern ; this position will be located inour Philadelphia offices. The Finance Intern will support the financial analysis and reporting, including performance tracking, planning, budgeting and forecasting for the Americas Business Unit. This position focuses on the financial and overall performance of the Americas Business Unit, and works in close collaboration with other members of Americas Finance organization to help ensure that performance results, budgets, forecasts, and outlooks are accurately and effectively presented and explained.
This internship is expected to run from June through September, but it could be extended up to 6 months.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Uphold SCA's core values in every day actions: Respect, Excellence, and Responsibility
- Support the Americas with timely, complete accurate financial performance reporting, including operating plan variance analysis
- Support in the development of presentations including financial plans, projects and initiatives
- Analyze complex financial/business information to provide accurate and timely recommendations to management for decision making purposes Insightful analysis of key financial performance trends and operating ratios
- Collaborate closely with Americas Finance organization
- Maintain various financial information and reporting systems
- Undertake special ad hoc projects on an on-going basis
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 2 years of financial related experience
- Experience with financial information and reporting systems
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills
- Capacity to analyze complex financial information and understand deviation
- Good understanding of fast-moving consumer goods industry and B2B
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- TRAVEL: Minimal travel required (approximately 10%)
SCA at a glance
SCA is a leading global hygiene and forest products company. The Group develops and produces sustainable personal care, tissue and forest products. Sales are conducted in about 100 countries under many strong brands, including the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and regional brands, such as Lotus, Libresse, Tempo and Libero. As Europe's largest private forest owner, SCA places considerable emphasis on sustainable forest management. The Group has about 36,000 employees and sales in 2012 amounted to SEK 85bn (EUR 9.8bn). SCA was founded in 1929, has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. For more information, visit www.sca.com
Entry Level Engineer
Participate in all phases of development, including: prototyping, designing, coding, and testing
Communicate proactively, precisely & accurately
- Investigate and fix specific problems
- Perform functional testing to ensure fix correctness
- Understand performance aspect and perform performance related testing
- Develop subset of feature within a team project
Intern - Human Resources
1) Organizational Maintenance: Responsible for maintaining data integrity and submitting changes for our HRIS system. Responsible for maintaining org charts for assigned groups.
2) Recruitment: Liaison with recruiting to provided required information for all new hires in order to properly enter them into our HRIS system. Determine rehire eligibility for candidates by working with Legal, Commissions (if in Sales) and looking in our HRIS system. Responsible for maintaining a spreadsheet of current vacancies for your assigned groups (Sales).
3) Performance Management: Audit /monitor the completion of annual performance objectives as documented in our Performance Management Tool. Trouble-shoot issues with tool as needed and/or refer employees to HRdirect when appropriate. Run reports for HR Business Partners and follow up with employee groups to ensure completion. Audit completion of Succession Planning documentation and prepare basic analysis of succession planning feedback. Assist as needed in the Talent Review Process.
4) Compensation (Rewards /Recognition): Audit/monitor the completion of compensation plans in our system. Audit transfers and new hires to ensure documents are loaded for them. Maintain & retrieve job descriptions database. Prepare promotional/off-cycle compensation change forms as needed. Analyze performance management data against compensation data. Retrieve usage reports from the Recognition Tool. Partner with compensation.
5) Other duties as required, including but not limited to:
[bullet] Access/leverage info from daily audit reports, address lists, HR systems etc. as needed.
[bullet] Reporting and analysis of data
[bullet] Partner with HR Shared Services and Centers of Excellence to recommend process improvements.
[bullet] Logistics coordination for meetings
[bullet] Serve as a critical resource for leaders and employees on HR processes
[bullet] Promote and educate employees and leaders on HR programs/initiatives
[bullet] Transfer knowledge of processes, system navigation, & procedures to incoming interns as needed
[bullet] Add/Update process documentation on the company portal as needed
Intern, External Relationship
Community Relations Programs
Develop new strategies, processes, guidelines, policies and programs to encourage and support employee involvement in the community
Inspire employees to lead and participate in volunteer events
Support, manage and track SAP partnerships with key organizations in Silicon Valley including The Churchill Club, The Silicon Valley Leadership Group, The Anita Borg Institute, SV Forum, GABA, Sustainability Silicon Valley and others.
Support SAP local activities and events
Represent SAP at different forums, seminars, and events, including CCRC (Corporate Community Relations Consortium)
Track employee registration for awards ceremonies, community events and sponsored partners
Track placement of key participants in speaking opportunities throughout Silicon Valley and track key mentions in press
Manage content for the Palo Alto employee community network site on the Jive platform
Engage employees and executives in Community Relations initiatives
Create focus and drive participation with the local employee engagement committee
Develop and execute promotional campaigns (multimedia, ppt, newsletter articles) about community partners, both strategic and philanthropic, as well as volunteer activities
Develop internal and external communications related to grants and programs
Write and manage relevant internet and intranet content
Develop collateral to promote SAPs work in the community
Present to SAP new-hires and at SAP 101 classes
Intern, Knowledge Management
Compose new and revise existing technical user guides and application help documents using SAP authoring tools
Learn how to work in cross-functional teams to share and obtain technical information and be able to analyze and then distill that information into clear and useful instructions for readers of documentation
Intern, Quality Assurance
Engage in development discussion and project planning/review.
Define/Develop test plans, cases or scripts according to business requirement and software specification.
Conduct tests manually or automatically during the development/testing/optimizing phases of GRC Analytics software.
Document and track defects during tests.