2013 Internships By Company
The best way to bridge the gap between finishing college and getting a job is to experience an internship. Internships give you on-the-job experience, help you learn whether you and that industry are a good match, and can provide you with valuable connections and references. Whether you want a semester-long or summer internship, there are jobs for interns available throughout the year. Start your search at Internships.com, where you’ll find internship opportunities in many different companies, beginning with the list below.
Entry Level Engineer
Position Overview The SCA Americas Finance business is currently searching for a Finance Intern ; this position will be located inour Philadelphia offices. The Finance Intern will support the financial analysis and reporting, including performance tracking, planning, budgeting and forecasting for the Americas Business Unit. This position focuses on the financial and overall performance of the Americas Business Unit, and works in close collaboration with other members of Americas Finance organization to help ensure that performance results, budgets, forecasts, and outlooks are accurately and effectively presented and explained.
This internship is expected to run from June through September, but it could be extended up to 6 months.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Uphold SCA's core values in every day actions: Respect, Excellence, and Responsibility
- Support the Americas with timely, complete accurate financial performance reporting, including operating plan variance analysis
- Support in the development of presentations including financial plans, projects and initiatives
- Analyze complex financial/business information to provide accurate and timely recommendations to management for decision making purposes Insightful analysis of key financial performance trends and operating ratios
- Collaborate closely with Americas Finance organization
- Maintain various financial information and reporting systems
- Undertake special ad hoc projects on an on-going basis
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 2 years of financial related experience
- Experience with financial information and reporting systems
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills
- Capacity to analyze complex financial information and understand deviation
- Good understanding of fast-moving consumer goods industry and B2B
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- TRAVEL: Minimal travel required (approximately 10%)
SCA at a glance
SCA is a leading global hygiene and forest products company. The Group develops and produces sustainable personal care, tissue and forest products. Sales are conducted in about 100 countries under many strong brands, including the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and regional brands, such as Lotus, Libresse, Tempo and Libero. As Europe's largest private forest owner, SCA places considerable emphasis on sustainable forest management. The Group has about 36,000 employees and sales in 2012 amounted to SEK 85bn (EUR 9.8bn). SCA was founded in 1929, has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. For more information, visit www.sca.com
MBA Intern: Commercial Capabilities & Innovation
MBA Intern: Commercial Capabilities Innovation
Internship New Product Development Engineer
Advantix Systems is a leading manufacturer of HVAC systems that deliver powerful humidity control, substantial energy savings and cleaner air. A pioneer in harnessing liquid desiccant technology, Advantix offers compelling economics, better performance, and an improved environmental footprint.
Looking to be part of something BIG?
This is it. Our liquid desiccant technology is game changer in energy efficiency. More significant than the electric car or wind power, more economic than solar power, biofuel or fuel cells our award-winning, salt water air conditioning systems are already saving significant amounts of energy for PG, Tyson Foods, Hilton Hotels, SeaWorld, and many more, and this is just the beginning.
Be part of our cleantech, fast growing, fast moving, always learning, and always pushing team that is changing building energy use (and the world) for the better. And have some fun.
· Hands on and computational design work on equipment tests and enhancing testing capabilities
· Performing equipment testing and characterizing equipment performance under real-life operating conditions
· Identifying ways to improve equipment performance, efficiency, cost effectiveness, and robustness
· Collaborating with product engineering and RD teams on your findings
· Communicating significant findings to company senior management
All tasks will vary depending on talent and skills as well as the needs of the company. We offer a focused, collaborative environment performing meaningful, hands-on, real-world work that will transform classroom experience and help fortify an engineering career.
Candidates must be enrolled an accredited Mechanical Engineering B.S. program (ChemE, EE, other engineering disciplines or hard sciences will be considered), have completed a minimum of one year of engineering curriculum, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. This is a full-time internship approx. May August located in The Miami/Fort Lauderdale area.
STUDENT INTERN II - TRAFFIC CONTROL
ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Part Time - 24hrs./Week
The Student Intern II (Traffic Control Officer) , for Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) provides enforcement and assistance to the traveling public by ensuring that enplaning (departure) and deplaning (arrival) traffic lanes are safe, free-flowing, and devoid of obstructions and delays. This classification will ensure that stated objectives are enforced in the deplaning (arrival) curb zones for all privately-owned vehicle operators. The same objectives are applicable to commercial transportation providers and privately-owned vehicles in the enplaning (departure) curb zones. Traffic Control Officer may issue tickets and citations to violators of City of Houston Ordinance relating to stopping, standing, or parking infractions only. Interaction with vehicle operators and customers involve routine information exchange, and/or simple service activity requiring common courtesy; e.g., answering questions, giving directions in response to simple requests. Assignment anticipated for six (6) months.
Performing these duties will involve: operating city vehicles; walking and standing for extended periods; making visual observations and differentiating details; applying specialized information; attending to details amid distractions; dealing with people in tense situations; speaking and writing effectively; being outside during inclement weather; using two-way radios and lifting up to forty (40) pounds; and reacting quickly with dexterity and coordination. Must be willing and available to work all shifts, including rotation, weekends and holidays. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearances.
College students pursing a degree in Aviation Management or Airway Science.
Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION/SKILLS TEST REQUIRED
The selection process will involve: application review; work sample exercise, and/or interview.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION Yes
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
For application status inquiries or special accommodations, please call 281-233-1045.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
MBA Summer Intern
Work with the core Office of the CEO team with executing daily executive actions, tasks and follow-ups
Support complex projects resulting in high quality deliverables
Support the executive office with researching of client performance, perform strategic analysis, financial analysis and competitive analysis as it pertains to our strategic focus
Work collaboratively with any member within our development organization
Be open-minded about technologies, tools, and programming languages
Asia Pacific Operations Intern - St. Louis, MO Job
Scottrade, Inc. has an Asia Pacific Operations Internship position available in Saint Louis, MO. The main purpose of this position is to learn about and assist with essential operational functions of our Asia-Pacific business. This includes working with our Asia-Pacific customer service center, new account and account maintenance departments, and/or our quality control area.
This position will be responsible for performing a variety of the following functions:
* Follow up on international account leads, missing information, W-8BEN updates, and initial deposits.
* Open and sort incoming mail.
* Set up international new accounts.
* Process, file and scan existing and new accounts paperwork.
* Assist in processing account maintenance requests, including account updates, fund deposits and withdraws.
* Follow up on undeliverable emails and returned mail.
* Answer incoming calls and instant messages, or emails regarding new account applications, account maintenance or other inquiries as authorized.
* Assist with quality control reviews.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must be able to speak, read, and type in English and Chinese (Mandarin required, Cantonese a plus).
* Quick and accurate data entry and typing skills in English and Chinese.
* Excellent attention to details.
* Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
* Ability to use multi-line phone system.
* Ability to follow instructions.
* Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
Education and Experience:
* Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and attending classes at a local college or university required with a graduation date no sooner than May 2014.
* Currently pursuing a degree in Business, Finance or related field required.
* Must be able to work 15-30 hours per week for a minimum of 2 consecutive semesters.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.
Languages Mandarin Written, Mandarin - Spoken
Location MO - St Louis
MBA Intern: Strategic Marketing
MBA Intern: Strategic Marketing