Access Database Intern (Burlington, VT) Students + Non-Students Welcome to ApplyBookmark This
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England
128 Lakeside Avenue Suite 301
DescriptionPlanned Parenthood of Northern New England provides comprehensive reproductive health care to men, women and teens at 21 health centers throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. Our mission is to provide, promote, and protect access to reproductive health care and sexuality education so that all people can make voluntary choices about their reproductive and sexual health. We are your sexual health experts. Nothing will freak us out.
PPNNE is offering a part-time, unpaid internship with our Information Technology Department at our Burlington Administrative Office. Intern will be responsible for making improvements to the IT Department’s Access database, which houses the department’s inventory lists for all PPNNE equipment, software, and other network related data. This position is an excellent opportunity to gain firsthand experience in maintaining and optimizing information databases critical in maximizing operation efficiency.
• Build a live database copy for modifications and testing
• Document changes within the database
• Correct current known issues within the database
• Create new user forms to make data entry more user friendly
• Design efficient format for queries and reports
• Establish links to Outlook contact list for vendor/equipment recording
• Review current data and update as appropriate
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Supervision is received from the Director of the IT Department
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
The IT Department is currently looking for one intern to complete the goals of the project. Though negotiable, the ideal time commitment is an average of 10-15 hours a week over the course of three to five months.
Requirements• Working experience of Microsoft Access 2010 in a multi-user environment
• Ability to create complex forms, queries, and reports
• Familiarity with linking Access to other products such as Active Directory, Exchange, Excel, and ODBC databases
• Ability to work on projects independently
• Ability to keep concise documentation of steps taken during project as well as of change made within the database
• Comfortable working with end-users within the IT Department
• Must be able to travel to PPNNE”s Burlington Office, located at 128 Lakeside Avenue