Application DeveloperBookmark This
DescriptionCreating, maintaining and implementing application configuration/source code as well as designing prototype applications in coordination with departmental teams and the
Office of Technology staff. To accomplish this, the Application Developer
needs to work with staff, technology vendors, and departmental managers in
identifying and communicating technology solutions. The Application
Developer needs to be comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced organization,
collaborating with nontechnical staff.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in technical design, development, troubleshooting and
enhancements within various technologies.
- Application, integration and development.
- Coordinate with functional team; manage timeline and tracking issues.
- Anticipate and manage issues and risks. You are a focused problem-solver
and a team player who's happy to proactively work with programmer and
non-programmer disciplines, and work independently when necessary.
- Interface with internal and external IT areas and other departments.
- Work with internal and external clients to direct design, business
resolution and technical requirements.
The following competencies need to be proven abilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field (Computer Science, Engineering or
Technology) or equivalent experience /PURSUING degree
- You are a senior programmer whose creativity, knowledge and experience
make them stand out from the crowd.
- You have a solid understanding of Web and database technology and have
several years experience programming both front-end and back-end systems.
- Experience with Web service/API integration (XML, SOAP, REST client and
- Experience with social media API Integration (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), a
- You have a solid track record of completed projects implementing with
various databases, like Oracle, SQL Server, & MySQL.
- Strong relational database skills and ability to construct simple and
complex SQL queries.
- Experience with ETL Tools and Data Warehouses
- Experience with Reporting and BI tools
- General understanding of Information architecture and usability best
Skilled, resourceful, support-oriented, multi-task, independent
self-starter, initiative, able to collaborate with others, organized,