CSS Wordpress Website Developer InternBookmark This
Point Hope, Inc
5889 State Hwy 303 NE, Suite 110
Point Hope strives to be a voice for forgotten children everywhere; it is a non-profit organization, founded in 2004 by syndicated radio host Delilah. Point Hope was established to assist children and their families-- beginning with families in a refugee camp in Ghana, West Africa, from whom Delilah received an email plea of assistance in December 2003. But Delilah’s interest in helping children began long before receiving that email. By 2003, Delilah had already been a long time foster parent and had adopted four children out of the foster care system in the state of Washington. This passion was passed on to the programs of Point Hope; out “Points of Hope” are established to include support for the care and nurturing of foster children in America.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating compelling, useful and attractive print, social media, Web, PowerPoint, presentations, visual stories, reports, and charts etc. Some work will be production oriented; some will require original design.
ResponsibilitiesPossible Projects Include:
• New Page Templates: Build page templates that allow Point Hope to have different side columns for different sections of the website.
• HTML/CSS Editing: Match the look/feel of the website to a new search feature that is not yet public. Provide a clean transition between the primary website and the search pages.
• Customization: Research and install widgets and custom options that enable the user to have a more streamlined experience.
• Protocols: Write a protocol for future interns and staff to use to update the website and make improvements.
• New and current Site: Point Hope manages a coalition that needs their Wordpress site developed and updated. A Theme has been purchased, but needs to be set up and maintained.
Expectations of Interns
All on-site interns will provide flexible assistance to the Office Manager and the Executive Director as needed on short term assignments such as research, assisting with meetings, administrative tasks, and event preparation, all to support the mission of Point Hope.
• Documented experience working with CSS.
• Solid Internet research skills
• Willingness to research new tools and expand knowledge based on the needs of the project.
• Experience in Wordpress platform Websites
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with Point Hope staff
• Passion for improving communities and strong personal values that aligns with Point Hope's Vision and Mission.
• Other duties as assigned