Content Developer/Community Outreach InternBookmark This
1500 1st Avenue North
DescriptionAbout My Green Birmingham:
My Green Birmingham is Birmingham’s most trusted online resource for everything green living related. Our site appeals to a great variety of readers-many of whom have sought us out in hopes of learning more about living a greener lifestyle here in Birmingham. Our readers want to stay informed with local green related events, sustainability practices, politics, and other community developments that help them stay connected to our region’s positive growth. We do our best to publish content that informs and educates, yet also inspires action.
We are seeking an intern to join our team to assist in content development and community outreach. This is the perfect position for an individual seeking experience in marketing, public relations, and journalism.
The intern will work at Innovation Depot, a community work space, and have plenty of opportunities to interact with leaders from a variety of our city’s rising businesses and other organizations. They will also have the chance to publish several articles and build a portfolio, as well as learn everything it takes to manage a successful website. There will be opportunities to get to know local non-profit leaders, and be a part of Birmingham’s evolving green movement!
ResponsibilitiesContent Development/Community Outreach Intern Responsibilities:
• Research/write a variety of articles featuring current green living and environmental related issues, specific to local Birmingham.
• Publish additional content to our site, including events, Quick Tips, and news.
• Assist in ad sales.
• Develop and coordinate sponsorship opportunities on My Green Birmingham.
• Assist in coordinating special events and community programming.
• Network and grow relationships with environmental organizations.
• And more!